Avatar bent knees in HMD after recent update

Not sure when it happened, but when I wear a few of the avatars I made in blender or fuse that were previously working, now I’m seeing it looks like they are squatting. This does not happen when in desktop mode… any ideas? maybe @Menithal have you noticed anything similar?

thanks,

Nope, then again I have a smaller than self. I think Kurtiz was having the same issue a bit ago.

IK-solver work is being done to make using things like Kinect for Windows and HTC Vive Pucks seamless with the Standard Skeleton. I can’t speak to if this work is modding default behavior; but this is just a heads up, best guess.

That does indeed sound like its related, thanks @AlphaVersionD. I think I will back burner this problem and try after a later release. I do have some avatars (yes my chimp is a shorty too) that don’t have the problem so I will focus on those for the time being…

Yeah I was having the same issue with mixamo, had one update just throw me half in the floor whenever I was in HMD. I think what did it with me is that I was using mixamo just to get a rig that was working with HiFi on the model and then I modified it after that. I’m guessing there must be some offsets that are put on that rig in particular that was making it not like that I had moved it around and stuff. In the end I just rerigged it with those sexy bones @Menithal had on here and I haven’t had a problem since then. Its been the only mixamo rigged avatar that I’ve had problems with and its the only one that I’ve actually touched the rig on.

I hope that helps you out with your problems!

-Kurtis

I see the problem to with my old mixamo avatar in hmd when i look down the knees bent. Not good, because there’s no replacement for this avatar. And making the same one in mixamo fuse not helps.

Note this one is 15 months ago or so run along blender to fix eye leashes.

Yeah I was talking to @Judas yesterday and he is also having problems with his mixamo rigs as well and it looks like a completely different bucket of fish to what my problem was! So I’m not too sure now, he has reported it so now we wait!

I think in my Case the mixamo auto rigger defiantly gives me hands with just one finger I think cos the avatar has mitten hands I re tried it today aNd it won’t rig it with 5 fingers .tried it with menthials blender rig and it works with that so I’m speculating hifi is looking for a specific hand bone used with the hand controllers that not required in desktop mode @seth

THE PROBLEM
the manequine rig is using none standard and inconsistant bone naming notably different from the ones in @Menithal 's rig
but hifi seemed to change hifi to make the manequine work rather than name the bones the same as everone else was using

[quote=“Judas, post:9, topic:12778”]
but hifi seemed to change hifi to make the manequine work rather than name the bones the same as everone else was using
[/quote

Thats high fidelity ! changing many things into something users not want. And slowly making the platform more and more useless.]

I had left it out because it was necessary at the time, right now however, it might be in use for the new IK system, and it was something they were using the calculate the positioning. Although I havent seen reference to it in the HumanIK thing high fidelity uses as base.

Perhaps it is time to revisit the standard skeleton.

The hand and foot bones now seem essential for the ik stuff related to hands and foot controllers. But it may be a pointless excersice revisiting anything, when its all so changable. We still dont have propper avatar colissions that could entail more custom bones potentially breaking things again.
Above the anamation would freeze and the log called out the toes as the problem switching the names for the ones used in the Manequinned fixed that
but as they seem to use nonconsistant naming which will i guess be fixed at some point will break it again :S

Technically speaking, the IK related things is a newer thing, and I doubt the skeleton will change any further as the base skeleton structure still remained the same and within HumanIK specification, which the standard is based on.