Avatar favorites reset on quit/restart

Can’t figure this out: whenever I quit and restart, all the avatars in my Avatar app are reset to the default set. So any of them that I have “managed” away by deleting them reappear. And any other avatars that I have selected from either the body mart, marketplace, or using other URLs are all gone. The avatar I am wearing when I quit and restart stays on me.

This seems like a major issue yet I see no posts about it in the forums, which leads me to believe the problem may be on my end. But I have no idea why.

Help!

You are not alone.
Most likely your avatarbookmarks.json file is read-only, apperently an error during 0.73 -> 0.74 upgrade can cause this.

On windows you’ll find the file in: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\High Fidelity\Interface\

ctrlaltdavid solved this for me on discord

Thank you. Feels good just knowing it’s not only me, whew. I will do the update tomorrow and see if that solves the issue, if not, I’ll head over to the Discord and ask ctrlaltdavid.

THANK YOU!

well, just realized that 0.74 is sceduled for relase today so that can’t be the cause, not in my case anyway, maybe I misunderstood. the fix is good though, all you need to do is:

1. hit your windows key to open the start menu and type CMD.

2. in the command prompt window paste this:

attrib -R “.\AppData\Roaming\High Fidelity\Interface\avatarbookmarks.json”

1. press enter, if nothing happens, it most likely worked

Thanks so much I will try this!

It worked!! Thanks so much! Man that was driving me crazy. Hopefully it was just a one-time thing and will not recur with new updates. Thanks again very very much for taking the time to help me!

Jason

Still an issue for many, so bump bump

Agreed. It fixed the issue for me but I can report three of my collaborators on a project cannot save their avatars, even after running that script. Weird.