Beta Release 14 includes up to Developer Release 5068.
Of particular note:
- Improvements to the Vive UI with regard to how hand controllers work
- High Fidelity now supports physics from visual mesh for static mesh entities, which should be good news for folks in this thread
Full release notes:
- make audio device selection available to basic menus
- fix reporting of JSON export failure
- fix to edit.js logging
- log file spam cleanup
- add face camera option to edit.js text entity properties
- let user choose an existing file in the file save dialog
- hide users.js options when logged out
- fix domain-server permissions-grid usernames to be case insensitive
- fix skeleton switching bug
- fix entity lifetime guards for temporary object domain rights
- fix domain metadata settings
- add operating hours to domain metadata
- fix setting velocity of inactive kinematic RigidBody
- add client-side session id generation and new user activities
- support physics from visual mesh for static mesh entities
- add heartbeats to metaverse for temporary domains
- add build version to heartbeat
- removed buggy Mac Hydra support
- fix initial visibility of QML windows from scripts
- fix for grab script search ray length
- cap lifetime rather than reject edits from nodes which only have tmp-rez rights
- automatically enter first person when in HMD mode
- improve Vive hand controller UI
** manipulate and interact with HUD elements using hand controller trigger.
** text fields open the Vive virtual keyboard.
** better HUD positioning
** UI buttons for common operations
- updates to hand controller/equip behavior
** equipable entities display a green ball when you partially trigger.
** equip by trigger with your hand inside the equip location
** you can then use trigger to “fire”.
** release by holding the object upside down and shaking while triggering