Beta Release 21 includes up to Developer Release 5396.
Of particular note:
- Controllers are now represented by blue spheres, which are used to grab stuff. This is part of some ongoing work on avatars.
- Virtual keyboard support on web entities, when using HMD.
- Uniform story handling - single feed with snapshot and concurrency, no radio buttons, and the minicard has a minibutton with hover that brings up the detail card. Clicking anywhere else on the minicard takes you to that location.
- When updates to home content are available, you will now be asked whether you want to update. If you update unintentionally, you can restore from backup. From the Sandbox task bar, select “Restore Backup Instructions”
This will show you the location of your backed up data:
- Fixed the “flailing arms” issue some users reported after last release.
- You can now redirect elsewhere if your place reaches capacity. Add another placename in the “Redirect to Location on Maximum Capacity” space below:
NOTE: This release contains protocol changes, so you will need to update!
The nitty gritty:
- Marketplace tablet is a bit larger and lower DPI
- Add support for renderInfo properties to model entities
- Eliminate log warning about invokeMethod of EntityTreeRenderer::updateModel()
- Exposing GPU & Batch running time to Engine gpu jobs
- Fix incorrect fence delete. This corrects a bug in the texture transfer that is leaking OpenGL fence objects
- Remember setting for ‘debug defaultScripts.js’
- Fill in linked node data for avatar identity packets
- Fix bug that kept AC agents from seeing other avatars
- Updating stats display for threaded rendering. Add a new counter… ‘frame rate’
- Include a Marketplace status bar and access to “marketplace” of marketplaces.
- Clean and comment AudioRingBuffer
- New manual test for profiling texture load performance.
- Stuttering: global thread pool management
- Joints for Controllers + Arrow action
** Avatars now have faux joints which track the hand-controllers
** HandControllerGrab.js now shows a blue sphere which represents the grab-point
** Teleporting no longer disables grabbing/equipping
- Update to Qt 5.6.1
- Low-latency audio
- Fix toolBar.js relative path
- Web Entities Virtual Keyboard + Event Bridge support
** Web entities now have a usable virtual keyboard, which appears when a text entry field is focused within the browser content, and disappears otherwise. NOTE: only visible when using an HMD.
** Bug fixes for occasional crashes when clicking on web entities using hand controllers.
- Fix overlays when scaling resolution
- Handle window.open/close in Web content.
- Stuttering: Upgrade GLM & add GLI integration
- Remove jpg error popup behavior
- Add performance information to entities list
- Fix audio client starve detection
- Optimized audio pipeline
- Don’t do hand-controller edit object-selection when pointed at a HUD element
- Fix eventBridgeLoader path in particle explorer
- Wait 10s before growing jitter in a new session/domain
- Fix audio network stats
- Remove qtaudio_windows.dll on Windows before installing the new version
- Fix for jittery far-grab at low update rates
- Make the equip sphere emissive
- Add audio jitter simulator testing tool
- Add support for redirection on domain at max capacity
- Re-enable web entity-items on Linux
- edit.js indicates errors via notifications.js
- ICE server related utilities and changes
** Added a tool for testing status of an ice server
** Domain-server has command-line arguments for which ice-server to use and what domain-id to use
** Domain-server tells metaverse if it has no ICE server
- Fix domain-server command-line arguments
- Dynamic texture resolution: Automatically lower the resolution of high memory textures when texture memory is being over-committed.
- Dynamic texture resolution
- Update Oculus SDK
- Fix missing local audition for audio injectors
- Uniform story handling