Beta Release 33 includes up to Developer Release 5951. This release contains a protocol change, so you will need to update. You should see it live in 30-40 minutes after the time of this post.
New Tablet UI - We’ve implemented a new, tablet-based UI. Features that were previously in the HUD will appear on the tablet. Please check it out and let us know what you think! Detailed feedback welcome.
General details on the tablet can be found here and how to add more icons to the Tablet can be found here. If you would like to switch back to the old UI, there is a Marketplace item that allows you to make the switch
- Entity Server Scripts - New Assignment type called the Entity Script Server as well as a new entity property called serverScripts. You can find out how to create these script from the High Fidelity wiki.
People Action List (PAL) updates
** Added a volume slider beneath each user’s VU meter in the PAL. Using this slider, users can adjust the volume of each avatar present in a domain individually. PLEASE NOTE: This means others can potentially hear you quite well from afar.
** Added “ADMIN” labels to the right of Display Names on PAL cards corresponding to domain administrators.
** Removed ignored avatars from PAL when they disconnect.
** Initial analytics for PAL usage added.
** Updated the visual style of the letterbox popups that appear when clicking on “[?]” buttons.
** Raised virtual keyboard when editing DisplayName in HMD.
** Fixed card visibility when selecting out-of-table users.
** Display avatar count in table header
- Introduced a type Meta to the render items of the scene. The type Meta for a render item is used to indicate that a render item supervise sub items and act as a group of render items (typically shapes).
- Entity filters: Improved zone filter; maxVelocity filter; documentation
- Fixed audio failures that occur when a broken driver returns mixFormat that is invalid/unsupported.
- Added opaques/skinned to forward rendering path
- When calling requestUsernameFromID() from a script you can call you own username
- Fixed a bug that kept physics and scripts from starting when logging-in near (but not looking at) something that’s physical
- Added a command line argument that enables heartbeat stats sending at 1s
- Allow users to edit their Display Name from within the PAL via an editable TextInput field
- Consume fewer CPU cores in AssetServer when interface is running locally
- Add on/off switch to ambisonic/ambient sound emitter
- Removed some PAL-related interface log spam
- Created render forward version of pixel shaders
- Additional trace details for GPU timing, frame data updates
- Removed a line of old code in Clara.io download
- Fixed “Last Editor” popup bug
- Fixed warnings for signed comp in AudioMixerSlavePool
- Fixed Places / Paths anchor in domain settings
- Use fromUserInput to avoid web entity crashes with bad URLs
- Fixed invalid volume values in injector options silencing all injectors
- Do not allow grab or far-grab or click while editing objects
- Updated the name of the collision shapes used in edit.js properties
- Connected audio injector signal to scripting
- Fixed Edit.js rescale for decimal values
- Fixed a failure case where isFormatSupported(mixFormat) returns false on some systems, when format is WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE with channels > 2, audio enhancements in “Speaker Properties/Enhancements” are not disabled, and dwChannelMask is nonzero but does not match the speaker configuration.
- Cleanup debug for safe web entity URLs
- Use host check for entity script whitelist instead of startsWith
- Fixed a bug in the Steam JS API that caused the app to crash.
- Fixed intermittent Clara.io download crashes
- Fixed Overlay-as-child of model entity with reg point
- Changed server default to not auto-muting
- Optimize, prioritize, and timebox processing of avatar updates
- Throttle audio with PI controller, by node
- Edit entity filter
- Avatar mixer bandwidth optimization
- Fixed audio-mixer timing for WIN32
- Added debug logging to entity server startup in the case of having a filter
- Fixed the audio encoding of a scripted agent that plays back a recording.
- Fetch entity filter script asynchronously (but reject edits while waiting)
- Fixed label typo in help graphic
- Fixed animation jitter
- Require password verification in domain-server settings
- Fixed importing of PolyVox entities
- Fixed Entities.isChildOfParent crashing if given unknown ID
- Queues local audio in a separate ring buffer so responses do not lag with network jitter
- Fixed for missed START collision events
- Avoid recursion to unchanged octree elements with frustumless queries too
- Fixed memory-leak in Windows audio stack
- Adding support for disabling texturing from the material
- Fixed bug that causes GCC not to detect AVX2
- Compute Model’s local bounds outside pending changes queue
- Hide webview context menus when clicked
- Fixed simulation owned entities not to go to origin after cache reload (+ small priority fix)
- Make table additions in DS settings more obvious
- Fixed a bug with empty entity script whitelist not skipping script check
- Cleanly log failed entity adds, and tell the client to delete his copy
- Accept forced physics results from entity server (e.g., when filtered)
- Fixed a bug adding rows in domain-server settings with default values
- Adding instrumentation for traces regarding Image and texture loading and preparation