Beta Release 56 includes up to Developer Release 7208. You will need to update to this version in order to visit domains running it. Should be available to you within about an hour. Here’s what’s up:
- Support for play without rez rights:
** You can now specify how a cloneable object can become an avatar entity.
** Unlocked entities that are grabbable or dynamic can now be scaled using hand controller triggers.
- The handControllerGrab script is now two modules - for ease of use and to improve hand controls and grabbing. More info here.
- IPD and Sensor Scaling Support: Resizing the avatar keeps your height relative to the floor constant, while everything else in a domain changes in size.
- Texture and mesh compression service (baking) for objects (.fbx) added to the Asset Server. This compresses objects (.fbx) in a domain and reduces load time. More info here and on the High Fidelity blog.
Technical Issue Fixes
- Make rotation using Vive controller work
- NearParentGrab module now sets the correct previous parent id when switching grabbed overlays from one hand to another
- Fix race condition accessing QString sub-properties in zones
- Use selection model of TreeView
- Fix polyline crash and flicker
- Rework scriptengine lifetime
- Avatar Attachments now render correctly
- Fix the web surface of the tablet
- Ensure thread-safety for model pointer access
- Fix sorting on import menu
- Fix grab entity methods + jshint cleanups
- Fix typos in controller modules disabler
- Add resizable flag. Use the flag for Create only
- Fixed Google Blocks download issue
- Change tablet spawn position
- Shapes now render at the correct size.
- Fix OpenSSL build instructions (related docs)
- Flag node as local by IP from UDP header, not IP from packet data
- Fix Record app’s toolbar button not highlighting when app dialog open
- Optionalize the debug spam of makeUserConnection.js
- Fixing/improving and cleanup tablet inputs
- Audio devices split (related docs)
- Pull back the stylus position in hand.
- Don’t let scripts control visibility of laser pointer overlays
- Don’t add items to the scene graph until they have a valid parent chain
- Fix up the doppleganger mirror script
- Add Input Field On Top of Keyboard
- Remove old versions of the VC Runtime from the installation directory
- Fix RunningScripts in tablet mode
- Fix dimensions of rendered web entities
- Fix for TextEntity rendering; the translation was incorrect
- Fix alpha on Line3DOverlays with glow
- Teleport.js: can now teleport small distances with small avatar scale
- LODManager uses batchTime and engineRunTime for automatic LOD adjustment
- Fix EntitySelectioTool and improve far rotate
- Create Mode: the keyboard tray is not styled correctly
- Don’t constantly reload animGraph if URL didn’t change
- set grabbable and other checkboxes correctly if userData is blank
- Fix mirror and fade threading crashes
- Fixing the broken “on hud” overlay’s render transform
- Fix ModelOverlay visible change
- Fix pointer event properties
- Laser Pointer fixes and updates
- Modal dialogs async fix
- Move Tablet becomes toolbar menu from General to Developer menu
- Correctly grab tablet in 3rd person
- Made handControllerPointer into modules in hope of preventing mouse cursor interference with tablet
- Remove asserts that break Debug build
- Text3D Overlays and Entities fixes and no-AA
- Fix parent grab
- Fix dde visibility
- Fix long tablet lag on first load
- Unexpected Behavior when pressing Enter on Input Field
- Fix auto dropping and re-grabbing loop
- Fix near trigger
- Moving transform evaluation out from render loop to gameplay loop / fixing tablet tearing
This release includes significant changes to several major systems, including controller grab, rendering, and the control tablet. As of this release several issues remain:
- Issues transferring from far grab to equip
- Scrolling the tablet with lasers
- Equipping with the grip
- Baking Your Assets: Learn how you can compress the assets in your domain.
- Entity Properties: Collision and Grabbing: Learn how to modify an entity’s properties in Create Mode.
- Archives: Zone Entities: Archive video tutorial on zone entities.
Updated Docs for Beta Release 56
Other Doc Updates