Beta Release 57 includes up to Developer Release 7288. It includes a protocol change, so you will need to update to this version in order to visit domains running it. You should see this go live within ~1hr.
- Shapes: A new VR app released to the Marketplace in beta. Shapes lets you add and edit objects with ease.
- entitySelectionTool cleanup - Fixed multiple issues with grabbing. Let us know how it feels!
Technical Issue Fixes
- Create Mode: Focused keyboard element always scrolls at the vertical center of available area.
- Interface crash during Debug fixed.
- Fix: Importing entities (.json) through Create mode imports only one entity.
- Desktop grabbing (grab.js) is disabled in HMD mode.
- Fixed adding entities by reverting code which contained incomplete rezCertified implementation
- Fixing grabbing and tablet bugs
- Server only deletes an entity if it’s still the child of an avatar, not if it has ever been
- Head offset for Oculus fixed when avatar size is changed and arms scale with avatar size.
- Support animation of model overlays
- Entity-server uses differential Octree traversal and priority-queued EntityItems
- Fix getting stuck in T-Pose when a user switches avatars.
- Fix ModelOverlay visible change: The tablet should not get stuck in “private screen” when a user turns it off.
- Fix for offset of animated parts of oculus touch controller display
- Remove mouse area for text fields. use activeFocusOnPress property instead
- Watchdog can now be disabled using an environment variable for developers who are debugging.
- Asset Browser tweaks for baking: baking pending count visible, multiple selection available, information box on baking available.
- Reload button in Running Scripts dialog now restarts the script instead of stopping it.
- HUD Module: Check if the laser is pointing at UI element without moving the reticle first
- Tweak debug stats for more clarity
- Added workaround to enable menu bar under Linux
- Bug fix for deadlock
- Fix hudOverlayPointer logic: Hud module should not run in HMD mode.
- Fix calling AvatarManager.findRayIntersection() from script
- Login dialog rework in VR (HMD) mode.
- Updating placeholder.js to use a url that points to example scripts
- Expose performance hot spot in stats details
- Moving Camera update and render frame to Game Loop (Main thread)
- Update macOS build guide
- Add removal of temporary files in FBXBaker
- Fix alignment of “Choose input device” text under “Audio” in the tablet UI
- Fix and improve laser pointer locking
- Fix microphone audio distortion on the Mac
- Fix mouse disappearing when switching to desktop mode from HMD
- Improve log file naming
- Fix rendering transform for text3d overlays
- Make building tools (besides ‘scribe’) optional
- Fix DQT_CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH being overwritten
- Add script that tests setting your listening position and orientation
- Move Shapes app files from scripts directory to marketplace directory
- Fixed typo in qWarning message
- Fixed looping sample sound bug
- Fix: Enabling avatar physics faster and finding nearby entities at login
- Add uploading to asset server event
- Fix an error in the Asset Browser
- Under the hood support for HDR cube maps
- Far grabbing of non-dynamic entities enabled
- Move HUD and HUD overlay rendering out of display plugin
- Create App button grayed out in domains with no edit permissions.
- GeometryCache implementation changed to make better use of theBufferView API.
- Allow project to be built with clang on Linux
- Remove unnecessary blocking call in Overlays
- Remove unused HFMetaEvents
- Fix the HDR generation of cube maps from equirect images (1x2)
- Keyboard Input Field: Pressing Space should Clear Field in the Marketplace app.
- Allows importing and exporting of avatar entities and correctly maps avatar-as-parent
- Crash/Deadlock fix: Web3DOverlay could be destroyed on wrong thread.
Last Updated for Beta Release 57
- Baking Your Assets: JS files are now auto-baked in the Asset Server, Asset browser UI tweaked.
- Model Entities: Asset Browser shows “Open” now
- macOS build guide
Other Doc Updates