Beta Release 62 includes up to Developer Release 7646. This release has a protocol change, so you will need to update in order to visit domains running this version. Should be live in ~1hr. Here’s what’s new:
- To make the Tablet easier to use, we removed the stylus (still available in Settings). Now, when your hand is pointed at the tablet you get a laser in your dominant hand.
- Tablet apps now scroll as pages. Swipe left and right to see your apps.
- Clothing purchased from the Marketplace will scale with you when your avatar scales. Avatar entities scale with the avatar.
- Google Poly API is now usable in High Fidelity!
- Reduced communication/server load in handshakes.
- Fixed issue where unsupported audio formats make a loud static sound.
- Fixed issue where pressing “x” to make a connection does not work when capslock is on.
- Fixed a crash when using the AnimSkeleton::getNumJoints() API.
- Fixed issue where animation property changes are not applying to animated fbxs.
- Fixed issue where user can get stuck in handshake mode.
- Fixed issue with avatar entities (such as those generated by the clap app) that caused all
- other avatar entities, such as clothing, not to appear to other users.
- Tablet will be resized correctly to small avatars.
- Solved issue where using High Fidelity enabled the webcam.
- Scrolling will now work on the edges of the tablet home screen.
- Fixed bug with certain tablet screens not opening in VR mode.
- Fixed bug where thrown objects rotated incorrectly using the oculus touch controllers.
- When using the Vive Trackers, you should see fewer glitches caused by jiggling.
- We now send Controller data in the status event of the Midi class to connect Launchpad MIDI control events.
- Fixed getting teleported in front of a user when clicking their username in the people app (nearby tab).
- Fixed the issue with the tablet close button appearing black.
- Fixed issue with teleport entities changing rendered color in default sandbox content set.
- Crash on start up with i5 AMD card is fixed.
- High Fidelity API: Google Poly API
- Backup and Restore Your Private Keys
- High Fidelity API: Path
- High Fidelity API: Picks