Beta Release 63

Yeah, but for this you need to import the fbx. And that bad is done.

So what we really need is an option to disable dual quaternians for exsting avatars that can be saved with the avatar bookmark. Untill the creators can be bothered to tweak each avatar

Having tried it now u can enable it in blender on a rigged avatar but you will have to manually tweak the weights certainly around the shoulders to make it look right

It always been by dream to do that. :wink:

Im really enjoying the graphics in this build tho the fog and pbr is coming together

@Sam

So Just tested the PBR stuff, the PBR changes are in! However the skybox ambient light reflection seems way too faint and it seems blurry compared to the PR for darker colors than for the lighter ones.

However the lighter ones look good(ish)

So color now seems to effect it, but this seems inconsistant with the way how that works in unity.

Hi Alezia,

About your comment relative to "Some night scene looks now too bright.
Some metallic surfaces are now reflecting too much."
I think it is because we have updated the shading equation to be ion par with the gltf2 PBR material, the goal being that this should be the same consistent look for the same material.

Doing so, the specular component of the light (key, ambient or point & spot) should be more intense especially on smooth (not rough) surfaces. THis may be the change that makes some scenes look brighter.

The metallicness is now supported as a scalar (and not just a boolean like before) which provides hopefully better gradients at the border between metallic and not metallic

In the zone, the key and ambient lights are now independent components that can be inherited from the bigger zone (or default), forced off which kills the effect (no reflection of the environment if you force the ambient off), or enabled from the properties.

Doing so, we are not automatically doing the trick of using the skyboxmap as ambient map by default if the ambient map url was null.
Instead we exposed the button so you can do it intentionally while adding a skybox map that you want to be ambient map too.
To convert the existing zone, we did the same behavior as before (grab the skymap url and set to ambient map url if null) that s why you see the ambient url field even if you didn;t set that.
I agree this may break your script f you were relying on the null url behavior. sorry about that. let me know if you need help for this.

Lastly about the sky color mixed with the ambient, well we ran out of time to do it.

I m glad you like the zone components!
Thanks & keep sending feedback,
Cheers

I understand this.

You said that Keylight and Ambient are now independant…
But what will be the plan, add an “Ambient color” field?

i didn’t think much about this one, i would guess we could add a color field in the ambient component and use that color blended with the ambient map lighting information.
this definitely would be independent from key light or skybox

Hi Menithal
yes finally! :slight_smile:
the ambient lighting is scaled by the ambient light intensity, maybe in that test zone, the ambient intensity is a bit to weak ?
We did so normally, on a perfect mirror metallic (white) you should see the exact ambient map (at full res) multiplied by the ambient intensity

We calibrated the key light so that with a Key intensity of 1.0, the pure diffuse lighting from the key light is equal to the albedo color where the normal and directional are exactly aligned.
Tee specular part is balanced for that reference

Is it what you observe too ?
let me know if you still see something wrong.

Cheers,
S

is hifi destined to support this format?
i was googling the gltf thing which was new to me and found

and

which all kinda fits into the we need a way to get prb directly from blender to hifi rant

Yes Judas,

gltf version 2.0 is the best effort right now to converge on an open format good for runtime and with support for PBR as the material description.

This probably will be best open version of an alternative to FBX in the next few years.
We already have some code written but nothing complete yet, i think you can try importing gltf in the model url field.
We don’t support all of it and we cannot do baking on it yet, so definitely NOT good to go yet…

Cheers,
S

Hi
Menithal

yes finally
the ambient lighting is scaled by the ambient light intensity, maybe in
that test zone, the ambient intensity is a bit to weak ?
WE did so normally, on a perfect mirror metallic (white) you should see the
exact ambient map (at full res) multiplied by the ambient intensity

We calibrated the key light so that with a Key intensity of 1.0, the pure
diffuse lighting from the key light is equal to the albedo color where the
normal and directional are exactly aligned.
THe specular prt is balanced for that reference

IS it what you observe too ?
let me know if you still see something wrong.

CHeers,

S

Hotfix release 63.3 - includes fixes for:

• Spectator Camera preview not working
  • LOD not recovering on HMDs after LOD downshift

Hotfix release 63.4 - We heard you weren’t enjoying crashing, so we fixed some crash bugs.

This should roll out within the next hour or so. Let us know if you miss crashing, we can always add the crashing back in.

When you change avatar in VR mode big.

Anyone tried a .gltf import yet?

I have got a few . Gltf into High Fidelity using the exporter for blender. Packing textures into it did not work, nor where they placeable from the asset browser.
So had to bring them in with a web address and the textures separate and .bin separate.

I’ve had modest success importing single objects into my domain with glTF. Although you cannot embed textures, they’ll happily ride along via a relative path, and the Blender glTF exporter will copy all your textures to a specified directory. And nope, the asset service doesn’t let you load a glTF file. Would be nice if these were allowed to we could bake assets and serve them via atp.

When did having an open wallet become part of getting free stuff from the marketplace? A few days ago I could get free stuff without even having a wallet.

Can someone tell me the reason for this? I suspect the reason is to try to get new people to get a wallet. I wonder if the new users lost that don’t want sign up for a wallet is worth forcing everyone to get one just to try out HiFi.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.