Beta Release 65

I know that you didn’t want it metallic… but I have to admit that I liked a lot that picture with your green metallic trees. :wink:

Hi Twa_Hinkle,

The dev would like to login to your digital ocean domain and understand what is going on. He can also immediately fix it this way. Do we have your permission to do that?

Sure, I guess. How? And more chars to = 20

Sorry to bump this back up again but the domain still is running the old version and I haven’t heard a word from anyone since my last post here. I gave my permission, now what?

hello,

it should be fixed now. please verify thanks!

Yes it is working now. Thank you!

A handful of people (mostly staff) have experienced a bug in Beta Release 65 that causes the backup recovery process after an Entity Server crash to include the lock file, which results in misplaced content. This issue will be fixed in the next release. In the meantime, if you are affected by this, please use the recovery tools in Domain Server Settings to get your content back.

If you prefer the manual route, recovery steps are as follows:

1. Make sure your sandbox is not running
  2. Open your entity server data directory (locations listed below)
  3. The models.json.gz file contains your entity server data. We will be replacing it with a backup, so if you might want it later you should make a copy of it now.
  4. You should find a file named models.json.gz.backup.DATE-TIME in the same directory. If you have multiple, find the file with the most recent date and time.
  5. Make a copy of that file and rename that file to models.json.gz
  6. Start your sandbox again - you should now see your recovered entity content

Entity Server data directory locations:

Windows: ~/AppData/Roaming/High Fidelity/assignment-client\entities
OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/High Fidelity/assignment-client\entities
Linux: ~/.local/share/High Fidelity/assignment-client\entities

Its nigh on impossible to use to move down arrow in the new edit tools

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.