Beta Release 66

Beta Release 66 is here! A protocol change is in effect, which means you will need to update to this version in order to visit domains running it. And now, the details:

New Stuff

• Marketplace item update: content creators can upload an updated version of their Marketplace item and replace the old one. When an item you own gets updated, you’ll receive a notification.
  • A new installer allows for downloading and running the High Fidelity client without the local server-based tutorial. The new installer will be rolled out in phases after this release. The tutorial will now be part of the client and serve as the default home. The client+sandbox version is still currently available from https://highfidelity.com/download
  • You can make objects cast shadows in your domain via the Create menu!
  • Added ability to swap out material on primitive models. The steps to do this on primitives are the same as the ones for entities in Beta Release 65.
  • QT upgrade to 5.10.1. Developers should upgrade the QT library if building from source code.
  • Improved audio quality for streaming music
  • Tablet repositioned and resized to address feedback about it being in the way / too large when it first appears.
  • Support for OBJ baking in Oven tool. This standalone Oven tool now supports baking of assets in OBJ format in addition to the already-supported FBX format.

Bug Fixes

• Fix bug causing avatars to disappear when scaled using Vive controllers
  • Fixed bug causing Mac client to crash when mirrors are activated
  • Fixed bug causing the audio scope to not appear
  • Fixed bug causing audio toggle to become unresponsive
  • Fixed issue which caused extra entities to be created unintentionally
  • Fixed bug causing avatar hand jitters
  • QML crash fixes
  • Show instructions for sending HFC when user has not make any connections yet
  • Improve font loading

Cloud domain update seems to be still a problem. What’s up with that?

Also, what happened to the fix for persistent create not grabbable setting after logout?

And while I’m at it, I’ve heard from others here that they feel like I do about the change in direction when editing near eye level. I argued against this months (year?) ago when it first was proposed but for some reason it seems to be worse now with the new edit position controls.

I know this was done to make HMD editing seem more intuitive but even in HMD to have something change direction while you are editing it when it happens to be centred vertically makes things impossible without cancelling, changing your view and then starting over.

Don’t mine me, rant over… at least until I update a different domain and actually try this version…

I’m just going to report I still had a crash today don’t know with its direct issue with hi-fi but seems to be the same problem I had last time where everything locks up you may want to consider making this a priority as its breaking people’s machines

This is not looking good

I’ve just had my second crash for today Not happy

Hotfix release 66.1 is incoming:

• Fix for an issue that was causing avatars to disappear
  • Various and sundry crash fixes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.