Beta Release 66 is here! A protocol change is in effect, which means you will need to update to this version in order to visit domains running it. And now, the details:
- Marketplace item update: content creators can upload an updated version of their Marketplace item and replace the old one. When an item you own gets updated, you’ll receive a notification.
- A new installer allows for downloading and running the High Fidelity client without the local server-based tutorial. The new installer will be rolled out in phases after this release. The tutorial will now be part of the client and serve as the default home. The client+sandbox version is still currently available from https://highfidelity.com/download
- You can make objects cast shadows in your domain via the Create menu!
- Added ability to swap out material on primitive models. The steps to do this on primitives are the same as the ones for entities in Beta Release 65.
- QT upgrade to 5.10.1. Developers should upgrade the QT library if building from source code.
- Improved audio quality for streaming music
- Tablet repositioned and resized to address feedback about it being in the way / too large when it first appears.
- Support for OBJ baking in Oven tool. This standalone Oven tool now supports baking of assets in OBJ format in addition to the already-supported FBX format.
- Fix bug causing avatars to disappear when scaled using Vive controllers
- Fixed bug causing Mac client to crash when mirrors are activated
- Fixed bug causing the audio scope to not appear
- Fixed bug causing audio toggle to become unresponsive
- Fixed issue which caused extra entities to be created unintentionally
- Fixed bug causing avatar hand jitters
- QML crash fixes
- Show instructions for sending HFC when user has not make any connections yet
- Improve font loading