Beta Release 70 will be available within a few hours. There is, as usual, a protocol change which means you will need to update in order to visit domains running this version. Here are the details:
- Avatar App - new application in the tablet consolidates all avatar capabilities into one place. Create bookmarks, manage avatar settings, resize your avatar, adjust wearables and change your display name all from one convenient app. As part of this, resizing the avatar via gesture has been removed.
- Windowed Edit Feature - the Create menu now opens the Entity List and Entity Property menus as separate windows which can be dragged out of the main High Fidelity Window. Their positions will also be saved when you close and reopen the Create menu or go in and out of VR. We hope this will give creators more space to work. Let us know what you think!
- You can now use “t” to toggle between global and local rotation in Create mode
- Ability to determine which mesh part you are picking against, in addition to which submesh
- Enable touch interaction on web entities on Android
- Lots of bugs in the Particle editor have been fixed. We also fixed issues with particle properties not being saved properly when exported and imported. More info here.
- Fix for handshake particle effect
- Minor wallet information display fix (long user name overlaps, backup instruction path, etc.)
- Fixed a very strange issue in Create where sometimes you accidentally resize an object to huge dimensions and get pushed very far away
- Fixed an issue where Create menu reloads too often when an entity is deleted, making it appear that it’s flashing. List also does not scroll to the top automatically when an entity is deleted
- Fixed bugs in the Grid in Create mode
- Fixed some minor bugs in Create mode edit handles
- Lots of Mac bug fixes, including crash and rendering fixes
- Fix the texture rendering problems with light’s texture
- Fix to make avatars falling through floors less likely upon first entering a new domain