Beta Release 72

Beta Release 72 is now available. There is a protocol change, which means you need to download the latest version in order to visit domains running this version. Here are the details:

Improvements

• Easier Teleporting: In order to get directly to a desired location while in headset-mode, you can choose to teleport yourself instead of walking or running. When you opt to teleport, you will notice the teleport laser indicator has changed from a straight line to an arc that goes to where you aim to land. This arc means less awkward hand-control gestures to get to where you want to be, particularly when teleporting to locations that are elevated.

• Find Current and Upcoming Events: In the GoTo app of the menu, you will see a “Featured” section at the top (previously called “Happening Now”). Here you will find domains featured, chosen by High Fidelity, that have live events going on, or that are scheduled to happen. If you click on a featured card, it will take you directly to the domain where the event is happening, or will happen.

Important note: What has not changed is that if you’re connected to another user who takes, and shares, a Snap, you will also see that user’s Snap featured while the user is in the domain where the Snap was taken. Once the user leaves, the Snap will disappear.

• More Accurate Domain Entry Placement for Avatars: Avatar spawning points have been changed from the hips to the feet to reduce foot-placement variability. No more floating in the air, or sinking into the floor, of a domain upon entry.

Important note: Owners of existing domains may need to adjust their existing spawning point.

• Manage and Make Avatar Entities (aka “Wearables”) Directly from the Avatar App: You no longer have to go into a separate app, the Avatar Attachment App, to manage any Entity designed to attach to an avatar. What about existing attachments? Those will be automatically converted to Avatar Entities. You can also quickly make an Avatar Entity with an .fbx file.

• Avatar Walking and Side-stepping Animations Are Now More Natural

• Connections are Now Visible in the Mobile App Too: You can now see, visit and “friend” your favorite connections while you’re on the go.

• Shader Rendering Improvements on Mac. This should result in much faster startup times.

• Several Improvements to Create Mode

• When you close both the entity list and entity properties window menus, Create Mode deactivates
    • Deselect an item in the Entities list more easily by clicking the item twice
    • Zoom out further for increased creation flexibility

Fixes

• Avatar Entities now appear when using record.js
  • Interface now closes properly
  • Create Mode
    • When an Entity is imported from the Asset Browser, check or uncheck the new “Create Entities as Grabbable” box and Entities will retain their grabbable or non-grabbable property respectively
  • Other minor menu and API fixes

Yeah, so, the servers updated again BEFORE the Steam Client

Perhaps announcement and waiting for the steam client to get to steam BEFORE flipping the switch on the main landing servers
would be a good habit to get into.

otherwise those who just come in will look into the protocol window change thing

Will get further into as soon I get the client downloaded. likely to have a lot of stuff broken.

Mid rust event we all got booted
If only there was some in world notice
Or if the wrong server message had a download link

I like the part where my question from A MONTH AGO wasn’t answered in regards to the whole “We’re going to relocate where you teleport in!”

Not once: Relocating Avatar Spawn Point from Hips to Feet

But now TWICE! I asked about this at the community meeting and got no solid answer.

Time to let the bug train roll:

1. If the auto attachment to wearable thing operates on an attachment that was based on an FST, it will use the FST as the url… which doesn’t work anymore.
  2. Automatically converted attachments are grabbable by default. (Meaning I had an incident when I was given notification I could grab Menithal’s-)
  3. As someone who’s had the luxory of watching themselves walk, these new animations seem to think I sway my hips like they don’t lie. We also suggested in the last meeting to maybe still have an option to use the older animations. Considering that they are QRC packed, this kinda makes it difficult unless you have access to the ability to unpack them or had an older install of the files (or just went onto the Github as I just discovered… sigh).
  4. Arc teleport is nice but the range on it leaves much to be desired. This should be adjustable somewhere.
  5. Arc teleport beam is a strip of flattened aluminum with blue spray paint. Could we gradient the edges and maybe make it slightly transparent. That or just give it an animated texture just showing where the teleport point is. Or just make it so we can adjust the thickness of the beam?
  6. This actually leads to something I will have to test, but since you can teleport to afar and also sit from afar, having the text “teleport” and “sit” at the end of your teleport beam is a bit unneeded and is hard to see anyway because of the previously mentioned solid blue beam.
  7. Goto’s keyboard is still covering places in VR due to the locations being pushed down by a “new feature.” Clicking the keyboard hide button does not work as well.
  8. Some avatars have now been graced with the ability strafe ala scissor kick in VR. If we could hold down shift while doing so, we would scissor kick at the speed of light. The general consensus is that this is anything but more natural. (EDIT: It seems that only leg rotations are being handled while in VR)
  9. Because attachments are now converted to wearable, which are just avatar entities, they can now be edited in create mode. They can also be inspected this way.
  10. Somehow 0.71.x could be compiled with CMAKE 3.5.1, which is the default and latest cmake available to Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS. glad45-stamp requires 3.6 minimally. While the notes state we need 3.9, this now means the freshly updated Linux Build guide is, once again, out of date.
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:1 (cmake_minimum_required):
  CMake 3.6 or higher is required.  You are running version 3.5.1
  1. Interface still does not close properly. It takes about 15 seconds to finally close.

EDIT: And now for the encore!

1. Objects “attached” to the head are now invisible! This may make sense for masks (and the glasses I made), but now things like my own muzzle are now grabble and are only visible when grabbed. In the case of the muzzle, that isn’t supposed to be invisible. I’d make it an overlay, since that’s what it really is, but without someway to clear overlays easily…
  2. Furthermore, attached entities that are on the head can be any distance away from the head and still be invisible to its user. This means a greifing item can be worn and will not bother the greifer and be any distance away.
  3. Despite stating the change would be made, none of the High Fidelity operated domains had their spawn locations changed and are still based on the hip location.
  4. Teleporting into a teleporter can sometimes crash you. Either that or teleporting with collisions disabled will result in a crash.
  5. Mentioned in the past, but please everyone remember: divia says something is happening in TheSpot. Open GOTO to join them.

Cheers to No. 12!

I specifically designed my hair so that I could see it in P.O.V., and now everybody else has fun with it while I‘ve got to look out for shadows or mirrors (all two of them)…

The headbone attachment invisibility is still a good feature (dis)regarding sunglasses, big hats and masks.

Can‘t we have it optional? :purple_heart: :sunglasses:

Oh poop… I guess I missed the stress test at the spot. The “Featured” ad said it was happening Now. How embarrassing, I told people it was on Friday.

Grrr… um, is there any way to disable the ads that show up in GoTo (the featured thing)? Or can I subscribe to a different “featured” feed than the HiFi one?.. and no, I dont want to be “blasted” by my “friends” or have to look at “recommended” places when I log on.

don’t mind me. I am just old man cursing at icons and yelling at clouds…

Thank you (if intentional) for restoring the ability of models with components that are semi-transparent to reflect light. Also I have noticed prims created inworld do not flash in your eyes when first loading upon entering the domain. Thank you.

You didn’t miss it… its been featured for quite awhile now…

As far i know it’s still fridah 7 september. Thst is what i see in older mail. need to check newer one. but pretty sure this where spontanic load test.

1. The font TYPE in the QT log window is still not changed and improved. it’s still a not DPI aware window and font. :frowning_face: Still fuzzy and blurry. Same for scripting console. And then i ignore the small font size for now.

2. Why can i not run and strafe sideways ? It’s stopping my running. Or run and steer sideways. Do not use shift for running if you need the shift key for strafe.

3. High Fidelity is very slow with closing the program after you pressed the [X] You every time get the idea it does not close at all.

4. Teleportinmg not works very good with xbox one controller. The teleport function is assigned to a terrible key the “Y” button. But a bigger problem is that you cannot control the beam after you press the “Y” button with the LEFT stick (or right stick) In other words. teleport is broken on xbox one controller. I try 7 september with my Vive

I’m getting a lot of warnings when I walk:

[09/06 16:10:48] [WARNING] [hifi.animation] animation contains joint = "artemis" which is not in the skeleton, url = "qrc:///avatar/animations/idle.fbx"

[09/06 16:10:48] [WARNING] [hifi.animation] animation contains joint = "Reference" which is not in the skeleton, url = "qrc:///avatar/animations/idle.fbx"

[09/06 16:10:48] [WARNING] [hifi.animation] animation contains joint = "RightUpLegRoll" which is not in the skeleton, url = "qrc:///avatar/animations/idle.fbx"

[09/06 16:10:48] [WARNING] [hifi.animation] animation contains joint = "LeftUpLegRoll" which is not in the skeleton, url = "qrc:///avatar/animations/idle.fbx"

[09/06 16:10:49] [WARNING] [hifi.animation] animation contains joint = "RightArmRoll" which is not in the skeleton, url = "qrc:///avatar/animations/idle.fbx"

[09/06 16:10:49] [WARNING] [hifi.animation] animation contains joint = "RightForeArmRoll2" which is not in the skeleton, url = "qrc:///avatar/animations/idle.fbx"

[09/06 16:10:49] [WARNING] [hifi.animation] animation contains joint = "RightForeArmRoll1" which is not in the skeleton, url = "qrc:///avatar/animations/idle.fbx"

[09/06 16:10:49] [WARNING] [hifi.animation] animation contains joint = "LeftArmRoll" which is not in the skeleton, url = "qrc:///avatar/animations/idle.fbx"

[09/06 16:10:49] [WARNING] [hifi.animation] animation contains joint = "LeftForeArmRoll2" which is not in the skeleton, url = "qrc:///avatar/animations/idle.fbx"

[09/06 16:10:49] [WARNING] [hifi.animation] animation contains joint = "LeftForeArmRoll1" which is not in the skeleton, url = "qrc:///avatar/animations/idle.fbx"

Another bug: when I log out and log back in my avatar is stuck in the floor. Does this everytime. I guess position on exit has been moved from hips to floor, but then when you come back it subtracts hip distance and moves you down.

That’s because the domain need to change the spawn point.

• More Accurate Domain Entry Placement for Avatars: Avatar spawning points have been changed from the hips to the feet to reduce foot-placement variability. No more floating in the air, or sinking into the floor, of a domain upon entry. Important note: Owners of existing domains may need to adjust their existing spawning point.

I’m not sure it’s that. When you log out and log back in again it should spawn you in the same spot you left, not back at the domain spawn spot or three feet below where you left. The fix for me is to respawn into the domain which suggests the domain spawn spot is fine (this has happened in two domains so far).

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.