It looks like we are on track to roll out the latest release before the end of next week. Like we did with the last release, we will update the timing here in this post. In the meantime, we wanted to give users a peek at what to expect in v0.74.0. Please note, there will be bug fixes in this release. The detailed list is forthcoming.
Mini tablet in palm : It is now easier to access your tablet in VR. When you gaze at your open palm, you will now see a mini tablet. Simply grab it off your hand and drop it to enlarge and have full access to your tablet.
System Tray Notifications : Notifications are now available in client mode. Even if your interface is closed, you will be notified in real-time when your friends are online, when you receive HFC, when a popular event is taking place and more.
Marketplace Item Tester: We now provide a tool for you to test all of your content prior to submitting them to the Marketplace. The Marketing Item Tester is available from the Developer menu in Interface.
Ability to create an account from the Android App : You can now create a High Fidelity account directly from the Android app.
Acoustic Echo Cancellation for Android : You can now enable acoustic echo cancellation (AEC) on Android debug builds for improved voice quality.
Interstitial page is displayed while transitioning between domains: This will show the loading process and name of the domain you are entering.
- Optimizations to the audio mixer in response to the Sept 2018 load test
- Improved performance in the avatar mixer
- Removed need to manually activate wallet upon entering Marketplace. Now, it does it automatically
- Added call to action when attempting to purchase an item from the Marketplace when you don’t have enough funds
- Reduce timing of handshakes from 10ms
- Optimized Entity List view, improving performance while managing large numbers of entities
A comprehensive list of bug fixes in the release is coming soon. We will update here. Stay tuned!
Please note: There will be a protocol change, which means you will need to download the latest version in order to visit domains running v0.74.0.