We’re on track to rollout Beta Release 75 on Tuesday, November 13, between 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm PST.
Please note that this release does have protocol changes. If you have feedback or questions, we encourage you to attend the weekly Town Hall in Zaru this Thursday, November 15 at 2:00 pm PST.
Here’s what to expect in the latest release.
It’s Now Easier to Create With the Following Enhancements
Entity List Context Menu
- Filter entities by type
- Rename entities
- Perform actions (e.g., cut, copy, paste) on an entity directly from the context menu
- Clicking on an item in-world will locate and highlight the entity in the list
- Menu options are now named and organized more intuitively
- Tooltips have been added to edit options
- Default entities and primitives are now more visually distinct in the UI
- This setting is now “off” by default
- These no longer interfere with the operation of the tablet when in VR mode
- No changes to the size of an item will be made when it is imported
Entity vec2, vec3, and xColor properties are now exposed as JS objects to support XYZ and RGB.
Default particle effect renders to a cloud texture rather than a square. If you remove the texture, it should stop rendering.
Domain content backup uploads timeout has been explicitly set to an hour. Previously large backups would time out after 20 seconds.
Tablet now highlights when it’s able to be grabbed.
Handshake added to control reference in the menu.
Reorganized the developer menu, according to more logical groupings.
Marketplace Tester displays loaded resources.
Improved error message reminds users who upload items to the Marketplace that their draft will expire after 30 days.
Avatars arms look more natural when their hand controllers are left sitting on the desk or resting on the armrests of a chair.
Avatar actions driven by Vive Trackers are more natural and fluid. Details can be found here.
Updates to our Shader toolchain and SPIRV support. Full details here.
Added submenus for People and GoTo in System Tray Notifications. People submenu contains a list of connections who are online, the GoTo contains a list of Featured Stories.
Numerous Avatar-related Fixes
Avatar favorites now display correctly instead of showing the default Avatar set all the time.
Walk animations look correct when avatars are scaled down from normal size.
Avatars scaled to the minimum can now jump.
In HMD, Avatar sit and stand states look more natural.
- The transition to sitting is delayed by 4 seconds to allow for the user to reach down and pick things up off the ground without changing state.
- The user may also force the state to be locked to sit mode or disable re-centering altogether in the settings/controls menu. Avatar Lean Behavior 1) Auto, 2) Seated and 3) Disabled.
- A “squat detection” is activated when, in standing mode, if bent knees are happening for 30 seconds, and the spine is relatively straight (within 30 degrees of the vertical), then a vertical recenter will straighten the knees.
When switching domains, the “pending state” of avatars would display as white orbs, this is fixed and shouldn’t happen anymore.
Fixed the issue where some users see persistent moving white spheres for other avatars.
Refer to the Github repository for more information on all Avatar-related fixes.
- Sitting and Standing while wearing Vive Trackers in Desktop mode work correctly now.
- Removing and reloading scripts no longer crashes High Fidelity
- Setting Create Entities as Grabbable will persist across sessions.
- Can now access the Audio Mute Mic when in Shapes App or Create mode.
- Smaller scaled avatar will jump, run, and fly properly.
- On Macs, the thumbnails correctly display on the Avatar app.
- In HMD, when sending an asset or money, the Cancel and Submit buttons now show up above the keyboard.
- In HMD, when showing an effect on a gifted item to someone nearby, the help link is no longer obscured by the keyboard.
- In SnapApp, shared snapshots no longer get deleted.
- The Blast To Connections icon is no longer visible in the SnapApp when moving between domains.
- The bottom item in My Purchases is no longer obscured when scrolling to the bottom of the list.
- Removed API call SmoothPoleVector, which was used to smooth avatar elbows.