We will roll out the latest beta release this Thursday between 3:00 - 6:00 pm PST.
Note: There is a protocol change in this version.
- Drag and Drop Wearables: You can easily add a wearable by dragging and dropping the wearable’s JSON file directly onto your avatar.
- Asset Transfer API: The client-side Asset Transfer API is active! With it, users can disperse and give HFC without being present. Be paid for doing good stuff! To see details on some things you can do, check out the documentation HERE: https://docs.highfidelity.com/high-fidelity-commerce/commerce-apis
- New login screen: The new login screen looks the same across all platforms, and lets users retain their login credentials between sessions. Your content will not load until you either log in or dismiss the login screen.
- Project Materials onto Surfaces: Adds the ability to generate texture coordinates in 3D space. Technical details here.
New Documentation has been added:
- Transfer Money and Assets Using the Commerce API: Learn how to use the new Asset Transfer API
- Add Your 3D Model: Replaces “Get Your Item’s Assets” and clarifies the process to create a JSON file for your model so that it can be uploaded to the Marketplace
- Marketplace Fee Structure: Documented our fees when selling Marketplace items
- Assignment Client Scripts: Added documentation for AC scripts
In addition, the first part of our overlay migration work is in this build. There are no user-facing changes at the moment.
For more specific details on what’s included in this release, see below.
Added ability to disable teleport (Settings > Controls > Teleporting)
Added ability to change the input method for the virtual keyboard and tablet. Choose between mallets, lasers, or a stylus (go to Settings > General > User Interface)
Fine-tuned the activation of the mini tablet:
- Increased the time of display so it won’t activate as soon as in the previous build.
- Adjusted the degree of your wrist turns to activate the tablet so it’s not as touchy.
Improved usability of the Create Tools:
- Columns in the Entity List can now be re-ordered by clicking and dragging them.
Removed the highlighting from entities that are grabbed.
Improved stability and fixed network freezes experienced during FUTVRE LANDS with new optimizations to server protocols and data structures.
Improved start-up times on low-end machines by compiling shaders with the splash start screen in Interface.
Removed at-rest detection for hands in HMD, so that the hands are always where the controllers are unless you lose tracking.
Removed some QML TabletHome warnings that were noisy in the logs.
Added steps to run interface in Ubuntu.
Not saving all soft-attachment data, namely joint rotations and positions, when Bookmarking avatar as that was contributing to too much data.
- Your handshake now looks normal when shaking hands in desktop mode. Previously, your arm could be shaking side by side and the hand looked mangled.
- Handshake particles now disappear instead of sticking around after the shake!
- Fixed memory leaks in the Avatar Mixer.
- Far grabbing an entity won’t accidentally grab the tablet when using the Shapes or Create App.
- Tablet is not grabbed if you’re editing an entity using either app and your hand nears the tablet.
- Tablet is also not highlighted when your hand nears the tablet while editing an entity.
- Corrected the labels for the Key Light Horizontal Angle and Key Light Vertical Angle as they were reversed.
- The Lifetime field in the Create properties window is now a regular input field.
- Added missing tool-tips to start, end and finish properties.
- Fixed presentation of Particle and Material entity property pages. The affected fields are Size, Alpha, Spin, and Constraints.
- Fixed a lag delay in when using the Entity property sliders in the Create tools.
- Fixed the bug where you would be able to accidentally drag and drop files onto the Create window. Now you’ll see a warning that you can’t do that.
Domain paths in your domain settings are no longer case sensitive.
- /Apple /apple /APPle are all the same path.
- We make the assumption that if that is the case the user has entered a duplicate for convenience because of this bug and returning the first match will be correct.
Displaying the warning “Changing the domain ID for a Cloud Domain may result in an incorrect status for the domain on your Cloud Domains page.” when a user attempts to manually changed the domain ID of a cloud domain manually through the UI.
Calibrating Vive trackers work correctly now.
- Fixed an Interface crash that was caused when using actionData on Entity Properties in a .js script.
- Cleaned up shutdown code to fix crash on close.
- Fixed a memory leak that was happening when Interface was minimized.
- Fixed a crash that occurred intermittently when switching between Desktop and HMD mode.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when reloading all running scripts.