We are targeting Beta Release 80 for Tuesday, March 19, between 10:00am - 1:00pm PDT / 5:00pm - 8:00pm UTC.
Note: There is a protocol change in this version.
New in v0.80.0!
- Added Clock to Tablet: Local time is displayed in the upper right of the tablet in HMD, above the username (or log in, if not logged in).
- Downloadable Assets: Content creators can now download their assets for their Marketplace items, including both approved and invalidated items. This is supported on the web-based Marketplace by opening it in a browser; it is not yet supported using the Market app.
- Digital Ocean Password Reset: Domain Admin users can now reset their admin username and password on Digital Ocean Domain Servers. Go to highfidelity.com/user/cloud_domains, sign in to High Fidelity, and select the Reset Domain Server password option from the menu.
- Avatar Doctor: The Avatar Packager now contains error detection, aka the “Avatar Doctor”. This tool will notify you of common errors before you upload your avatar files to our server for hosting. Coming in future releases: click on the error to view troubleshooting tips on how to resolve the error prior to uploading your avatar.
- Creators Stocking Inventory: Allows creators to stock their inventory with their own NFS certified items and gift them to others.
New and Updated Documentation:
- The API Reference has been updated to a new, easy-to-read style that helps developers find what they’re looking for more easily, complete with a comprehensive search. It is available at https://apidocs.highfidelity.com
- New documentation will include (clear cookies if you’re getting 404 errors):
- Firewall Settings
- Using High Fidelity with Android (Canny request: http://roadmap.highfidelity.com/feature-requests/p/requested-documentation-more-info-for-high-fidelity-on-android)
- Improved Documentation for Entity Filters and ‘Protecting Your Domain Content’ (Canny request: http://roadmap.highfidelity.com/feature-requests/p/improve-filter-documentation)
- Add Your Place to the GoTo Menu
- Tutorial: Build a Boom Box
- Tutorial: Create an Avatar Scaling Button
- Tutorial: Open Web Page with Entities
- Tutorial: Build a Painting Set
- Tutorial: Create a Purchase Button for Marketplace Sales
This release completes the overlay work we began a couple of releases back. We have converted our internal use of overlays to local entities and are moving toward deprecation of 3D overlays.
Content Creators: From now on, please use local entities instead of overlays. Any work you have that uses Overlays should be migrated to use local entities.
- The High Fidelity Avatar Exporter for Unity has been updated to notify you of texture and file errors you may encounter while using the tool. Download the updated exporter here: https://github.com/highfidelity/hifi/tree/master/tools/unity-avatar-exporter
- The ‘Entity Types’ dropdown of the Entity List has new buttons for Select All (check all entity types) and Clear All (uncheck all entity types).
- We added the ability to load GLB (GLTF binary) format assets with on our ongoing work to support glTF.
- The Market tablet app is rewritten in QML (from HTML) to support future mobile-compatible devices.
- When you update a Marketplace item, the number of likes now carries over from the original item to the updated item in the Marketplace.
- During a custom install, you now have the ability to install only the Sandbox or only the Interface without uninstalling the other.
- The list of live-speakers in the People tablet app are sorted live. You no longer need to refresh or close the PAL to re-sort the list except in very noisy or low-level places.
- We’ve added new text to warn when sending an inventory to the Trash is an irreversible action.
- UTF-8 characters are read correctly in FST files. This fixes a bug where Japanese characters in FST files were incorrectly read, causing the avatars to fail while loading.
- We continue to address the “white orb” issue where avatars appear as white orbs when loading into a domain and never fully load as avatars.
- Fixed the ability to change animations of an FBX model entity by a script or via the Create menu (Canny Request: http://roadmap.highfidelity.com/bugs/p/fix-entity-model-animations).
- Sorting entity and files lists now correctly sorts alpha and non-alphanumeric characters.
- Drop-downs now close when a user clicks outside of the list.
- Users can now change a particle effect’s URL by typing into the field directly.
- Tablet no longer disappears due to LOD issues (Canny Request: http://roadmap.highfidelity.com/bugs/p/make-overlayslocal-entities-not-effected-by-current-lod)
- Entity properties are respected during far/near grab while in HMD (Canny Request: http://roadmap.highfidelity.com/bugs/p/entity-properties-not-set-in-vr)
- Fixed an issue where avatars drop through the floor when loading, because they were able to move too soon. We now don’t allow avatar movement until the floor renders and physics is enabled.
- Fixed an issue where you could fly in zones that had “Flying Allowed” set to off when creating a Zone in Create tool. (Canny Request: http://roadmap.highfidelity.com/bugs/p/avatar-dont-fall-and-can-start-to-fly-when-the-zone-is-set-to-no-fly).
- Continuing to improve and work on the issue of soft wearables flickering when worn.
- Keylights now update correctly when a zone is rotated.
- Procedural entities now render both sides of their triangles correctly. This fixes a bug that was introduced in a recent release.
- As part of overlay work, we’ve deprecated Overlays.keyboardFocusOverlay in favor of Entities.keyboarFocusOverlay which can be used to set keyboard focus via scripting.
- Fixed an issue in the PAL where index numbers would append after display names for users even if they were the only user with that name in the domain. This was occurring due to an issue with refreshing content, re-entering a domain, or recovering from crashes.
Fixed crashes in the following scenarios:
- Resizing entities
- Parsing AvatarEntity data with too many LocalJointTranslations
- On Mac Desktop computers
Nothing specific for Android in this release.