Blender Export Issue

I’m trying to export an avatar out of Blender, I notice it’s doing something weird to my textures on export after checking the file. Some of the textures get duplicated, yet are unmapped.

When I try and load this Interface crashes.
The logs inform me “No good, couldn’t find a pipeline from the key ? 46”.

The crash itself is an old edge case bug (triggered by using an unsupported material permutation – which inadvertently leads to a null pointer dereference / segfault).

It’s a shame the error message doesn’t resolve the key into its flag names, but what the error means is that…

46 == HAS_LIGHTMAP | HAS_TANGENTS | HAS_SPECULAR | IS_SKINNED

… doesn’t have a corresponding rendering configuration on the C++ side yet.

For now you’ll have to convince Blender (by messing with texture/material properties/checkboxes) to yield something that imports within the available configurations:

HAS_TANGENTS
HAS_SPECULAR
HAS_TANGENTS | HAS_SPECULAR
IS_TRANSLUCENT
IS_TRANSLUCENT | HAS_LIGHTMAP
HAS_TANGENTS | IS_TRANSLUCENT
HAS_SPECULAR | IS_TRANSLUCENT
HAS_TANGENTS | HAS_SPECULAR | IS_TRANSLUCENT
HAS_LIGHTMAP
HAS_LIGHTMAP | HAS_TANGENTS
HAS_LIGHTMAP | HAS_SPECULAR
HAS_LIGHTMAP | HAS_TANGENTS | HAS_SPECULAR
IS_SKINNED
IS_SKINNED | HAS_TANGENTS
IS_SKINNED | HAS_SPECULAR
IS_SKINNED | HAS_TANGENTS | HAS_SPECULAR
IS_SKINNED | IS_TRANSLUCENT
IS_SKINNED | HAS_TANGENTS | IS_TRANSLUCENT
IS_SKINNED | HAS_SPECULAR | IS_TRANSLUCENT
IS_SKINNED | HAS_TANGENTS | HAS_SPECULAR | IS_TRANSLUCENT
IS_DEPTH_ONLY | IS_SHADOW
IS_SKINNED | IS_DEPTH_ONLY | IS_SHADOW

(above dump derived from libraries/render-utils/src/ModelRender.cpp)

@humbletim The problem I’ve been having is due to Blender adding texture duplicates with no mapping to values when exporting the FBX. I’m trying Maya but am having different problems
This edge case appears to be handled in other applications.
Thanks for the concise breakdown.

Have you been able to take a screenshot of what it looks like inworld prior to the crash?

Here are some pointers

• Make sure not texture and material names have periods (this might be legacy, but it used to occur).
  • Make sure to only use For texture settings Color, Normal, Specular (color), or Emit.
  • UV Repeat may have issues, make sure to stick with 1x1 repeats and size (Might have something to do with world axis change)

@Menithal

Nothing will get loaded, it crashes while still showing the progress bar and no avatar.

• there are no periods in names, only underscores.
  • I am using AO maps but i didn’t think that would be an issue, it appears it should be handled along with emission and is mapped to ambient.
  • UV use 0-1 space.

The FBX that is exported has unmapped additional textures.

For instance, I have a single diffuse texture prior to export. It is mapped to color.
When i export and then re-import into Blender I now have 2 diffuse textures.
One mapped to color, the other unmapped.

My understanding is that the unmapped duplicate is causing the unhandled exception.
I’ve been using Blender 2.75+
I don’t believe I’ve had this issue previously, I may have to try an earlier version to test further.

Thanks for the suggestions anyway.