Can we change pivot point on mesh, so you can make doors?

Just where puzzling how to make a doro in HiFi, a mesh door, but can you change the pivot point in blender or Hifi so the door is not rotating on center point of the door ?
If you can change it in blender, is hifi useing the new pivot point ? The last entity demostration the did something like that, but not know how the did it.

would be nice if hifi respected the pivot point(origin) the 3d software created

Yes - you can change the pivot point of any entity.

Here’s what you do…

If scripting: when you add or edit the entity, include a “registrationPoint” property. That property should be in the form { x: [some number between 0.0 and 1.0], y: [some number between 0.0 and 1.0], z: [some number between 0.0 and 1.0] }. For example:

var properties = { registrationPoint: { x: 0.0, y: 0.0, z: 0.0 } };

The values represent the relative position within the entity’s frame for where the registration point is. The x dimension goes from left to right, the y dimension goes from bottom to top, and the z dimension goes from near to far.

• So for example 0.5 is the “middle” of the entity in any dimension.
  • The bottom, left, near corner of the entity would be a registrationPoint of 0.0, 0.0, 0.0.
  • The top, right, far corner of the entity would be a registrationPoint of 1.0, 1.0, 1.0.

By default the registrationPoint is 0.5, 0.5, 0.5.

If you are not scripting, you can set these values in the “Edit Properties” dialog box for the entity.

@ZappoMan thats you that is :slight_smile:

Hah – so funny… When I took that screenshot I didn’t notice how the horizon looked behind me. But now when I see it, I think it looks like my avatar is wearing a Napoleon hat or something.