Capture mouse events

What dos the function Controller.captureMouseEvents()?
I would await, that the mouse events go then only to this script.
I have used it in this way:

if (event.text == “b”)
{ mode=radialMode;
Controller.captureMouseEvents();
}

But it doesn’t work.

Capture*Events just routes the events to the script (MousePress, MouseRelease, etc.), but I do not think it is exclusive.

Well this happens already with Controller.mouseMoveEvent.connect(mouseMoveEvent);
I haven’t found a script, which uses Controller.captureMouseEvents();
So if this function really would work exclusive for example as long as a key is pressed, it could end many collisions with other scripts. But sure, maybe new problems will come, if more scripts at the same time capture the event.

The only thing is that currently, you can only have one script per object. So not quite sure in what case can a mouse click go through an object.

Right now captureMouseEvents() basically prevents the keyboard/mouse input device from receiving mouse events. There’s a similar captureKeyEvents(), I believe. So, for example, if you capture mouse events, the mouse should no longer let you right click and drag to pitch and yaw, and if you capture key events, WASD/arrow keys should stop moving you (and might also stop menu items from being toggled). There’s also a captureActionEvents(), I think, and there are release****Events() methods that you should make sure to use so nothing gets broken.

Well right now Controller.captureMouseEvents() seems to do nothing. All mouse events are active, when I use it (Mac build 2661)

If you type “Controller.captureMouseEvents()” into the console, right click + drag should stop working until you releaseMouseEvents(). That being said, it’s completely possible that other aspects of some of the capture/release methods are broken. I will try to confirm that they behave as expected when I get the chance.