CMAKE is redownloading VCPKG, which results in build failure later

This is the snippet from running cmake. I have VCPKG downloaded and my environment variables set. VCPKG_ROOT = c:\src\vcpkg. The failure I get in build is that it’s unable to find applocal.ps1. It is there in the vcpkg I cloned, but not in the one that is bootstrapped by CMAKE.

– Found PythonInterp: C:/Users/sam_p/AppData/Local/Programs/Python/Python36-32/python.exe (found version “3.6.1”)
prebuild path: C:\Users\sam_p\AppData\Local\Temp\hifi\vcpkg\495050d7
Looking for tag file C:\Users\sam_p\AppData\Local\Temp\hifi\vcpkg\495050d7.id
Found stored tag 495050d7_1
Missing executable, boostrapping
Fetching vcpkg from https://hifi-public.s3.amazonaws.com/dependencies/vcpkg/vcpkg-win32.tar.gz?versionId=YZYkDejDRk7L_hrK_WVFthWvisAhbDzZ to C:\Users\sam_p\AppData\Local\Temp\hifi\vcpkg\495050d7

Hey Sampa! If you’re trying to build from master, it makes sense that you’d be running into some issues right now. We fairly recently changed our build process in a few key areas. Try unsetting VCPKG_ROOT and checking out the “Vcpkg” section of BUILD.MD.

I’ll copy and paste that part here for convenience:

Hifi uses vcpkg to download and build dependencies. You do not need to install vcpkg.

Building the dependencies can be lengthy and the resulting files will be stored in your OS temp directory. However, those files can potentially get cleaned up by the OS, so in order to avoid this and having to redo the lengthy build step, you can set the following environment variable:

export HIFI_VCPKG_BASE=/path/to/directory

Where /path/to/directory is the path to a directory where you wish the build files to get stored.

Give that a shot and let me know if it works for you. I’m sorry for the 10-day delay on this!