Community meetup Friday @ Playa 14:00-15:00 PST

Come one come all to our weekly community meetup this Friday at the Stacks just outside the main Playa area. 14:00-15:00 PST or 21:00 GMT. See you there!

Edit: Coordinates hifi://stacks/110.858,-8.08926,132.143/0,0.437135,0,0.899396

Anything you’d like to discuss at the meeting? Your suggestions for topics are quite welcome.

Cheers
Caitlyn

You have coordinates. because i need to bookmark it. or i cannot jump in HMD

Just quick notes on today’s meeting! Thanks everyone, as always, for coming…

• After catching up socially, we discussed features in new beta release, like the fixed ‘stuck key’ bug, and new features like the additional primitive options now available under Sphere & Cube.

• There were reports of some rendering issues and performance hits… Menithal and Richardus reported performance rendering and flashing/flickering bugs. Communicating that to the graphics team.

• We demonstrated and played around with the new raycast reverb system (on the scripts & tools part of our examples page, check i* 5. t out!)

• Philip dropped by and we discussed the content creation contest we’ve been planning. Your feedback is very welcome! More on that here:

Please hop into the conversation and share your thoughts!

• We discussed the recently arrived Oculus touch controllers!

• A lengthy discussion on avatar functionality and Menithal’s Excellent Avatar Compendium

• Menithal demonstrated his completed Hookshot Gun, which launches your avatar around a domain. Excellent fun, and by the way, I have just pushed it to the Examples section, so be sure to try them out if you have hand controllers.

• We discussed the in-world concert that Kevin, AlphaD, Judas are planning. By the way, the stage is looking amazing @Judas!

Thanks again for attending, and if you have any comments or feedback, or if there’s something I’ve missed or forgotten, please feel free to write below.

Cheers
Caitlyn

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.