At the meetup on Friday, I proposed to the group that we create a mini game. The goal of the game is to use the functionality that is already available to us to create something that is easy and fast to play (the minimum default requirement to play will be a HMD and hand controllers).
I have created the base scene and have some basic ideas and funds available to build it out.
Location on Sandbox: hifi://sandbox/7996.98,1994.19,7853.1/-0.000122605,0.70422,0.000123609,0.709982
- Main scene: https://s3.amazonaws.com/hifi-public/winter/scene_winter.fbx
- Hay Bales: https://cdn.rawgit.com/cozza13/highfidelitystuff/master/winterscene/haybale.fbx
- Tables: https://cdn.rawgit.com/cozza13/highfidelitystuff/master/winterscene/table.fbx
The big picture
In the area marked 1 (on the diagram) have an individual located at Start shoot some targets with the pingpong gun.
- Player sees pingpong gun on Table
- Picks up gun and can see a sign marked “Shoot here to start”
- On start, 10 targets show up that they need to shoot
- Once they shoot the 10 targets the time it took to complete + username + date and time is sent to a google spreadsheet
-That google spreadsheet is displayed on a webpage so that we can see who is the fastest.
Things the need to be gone
- Collision Hull https://worklist.net/20734
- Snow particle effect https://worklist.net/20735
- Scripting for the game: https://worklist.net/20736
- Reset script: https://worklist.net/20737
Phase 2 +
We can expand out on the other lanes and more about the game after phase 1.