Dark Blue screen after Beta Release 71

Beta Release 71 —> 0.71.0

Problem: Experience of a nul graphics with this upgrade on this system ( was working fine with prior release).

Before I start hacking around, I figured I would present the issue here first. ( Clean install was performed after new AMD drivers were installed).

Experience: Client has Very Dark Blue screen, no mouse cursor, but has active menu and slight ticking sounds as mouse is physically moved around.
ie: File / Sign up menu item is selectable, but nothing shows up, ( just hear a slight click sound.)
No errors are presented.

Looking for a solution / hack / last ditch effort to make this work as it once did. ( IE: how to enable a fall back graphics setting from a menu item you cannot see)

Short Profile: All CAD programs + Steam Games ( LOTRO, Warframe, Team Fortress etc), Second Life, SineSpace etc are working with no errors at this moment in time even with the older AMD drivers.

I figure there could be a problem with the graphics driver, so it was updated:

AMD Driver : 15.301.1901.0

Card name: AMD Radeon HD 8670D
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x990C)
DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)
Device Type: Full Device (POST)
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_990C&SUBSYS_2AE0103C&REV_00
Device Status: 0180200A [DN_DRIVER_LOADED|DN_STARTED|DN_DISABLEABLE|DN_NT_ENUMERATOR|DN_NT_DRIVER]
Device Problem Code: No Problem
Driver Problem Code: Unknown
Display Memory: 4575 MB
Dedicated Memory: 735 MB
Shared Memory: 3840 MB
Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Thanks for any help in advance.

Are you seeing your avatar but just floating in the blue and black space? I’m having a similar issue with beta 71. I can reapply an environment from the store but when I exit the interface and return it’s gone and my avatar is floating in Limbo again.

No avatar is seen. The only thing I have now is the menu bar along the top of the client. The drop down portions are not showing up to log in, and there is no mouse cursor within the client window.

I’m having pretty much the same issue. Had issue ever since I first installed and then continued to have issue after latest update to High Fidelity.

glenbit May I ask what version of the client you first installed? ( or when did you do the first install? ). Also… if you are running windows 10, which GPU chipset is being used, and is the latest driver installed for it? Thanks for the info in advance Glenbit.

HapticMonkey, ahhhh LIMBO… I did have such a problem a long time ago. I could fly and see chat, / run scripts… but there was no “skybox” or viewable entities. I discovered I was not actually logged into the platform. Ensure you are actually logged into the platform. I had to logout of “limbo”, and log back in using the name and password I made on the site. Here is to wishing you Good Luck!!

Thanks for reaching out…I updated my GeForce GTX 1060 driver to the new 8/27/18 “GeForce Game Ready Driver” and now High Fidelity works!

For the record, running Windows 10 with chipset of Intel Core I7-7700 HQ CPU @ 2.80 GHzJ

Oh Great. Well thank You glenbit. Evidently my solution will be to get a new computer sometime down the road.

Thanks Again.

Mike