I would like to request @realMissLiviRose provide office hours to the public so that we may ask questions regarding hiccups we experience along our programming journey.
Meeting with someone in a training atmosphere is beneficial because not everyone learns by reading a tutorial.
Example of questions that I have personally:
• Entities now have a ‘server script’ property. Why?
edit - through digging I found this from @Menithal >> Server side scripts were silently introduced that allow you to create scripts that are attached to an entity that only run on the server. Without having to create a separate assignment client script.
• Why are there two scripts per entity one for Client one for Server?
• What is a heartbeat and why is it needed?
• Is there a downside to hardcoding a message channel?
• Can a js utility library be created BY High Fidelity Inc. that abstracts many frequently needed game-relevant objects, like health bars, hit points, difficulty levels, and possibly even basic AI?
Lastly, if you’re reading this and share the same feelings of development struggles, please ‘like’ the post. I know I’m not alone here…