Domain Settings Bug


#1

At the productive hangout, we were testing various things that required some of us to be able to create and edit entities. In my domain I had two people as editors thus:

"security": {
    "allowed_editors": [
        "",
        "Balpien Hammerer",
        "Boaz Sands"
    ]
}

Then I removed them via the WEB settings panel. No one could edit, including me. The config file looked like this:

{
    "security": {
        "allowed_editors": [
            ""
        ],
        "editors_are_rezzers": false
    }
}

I had to manually remove the allowed_editors from the config.json file entirely to be able to regain editing for everyone. I think that null string editor entry, which is being created by the settings workflow, is the culprit.


#2

I’ll take a look at this on Monday, thanks!


#3

@b I think I found the problem. At some point I must have clicked on the add icon while the access list entry was blank. That is where the “” comes from. The code doesn’t even bother to trim white space.
Example:

"security": {
    "allowed_editors": [
        "Balpien.Hammerer",
        "Boaz.Sands",
        "   spaces     "  <=====
 }

My recommendation is the code should trim leading and trailing white space in the name fields, and also not permit empty fields to be added to the lists.