We have exposed the ability to register place names . A place name is a permanent, unique, name within the Metaverse. Your place name can be used as a reference to a Stack Manager, Domain or a specific location. We are opening early access to place name registration to our closed Alpha group, allowing you to get in and grab some early names. You will have until the 9th of January to grab your name; after that date, we are opening the place names up for any registered users to buy the name.
Registration for a place name is $20 per year, per name. For the current Closed Alpha group we want to give you the opportunity to get up to two free place names, for a year. To get the free names you need to do the following:
- Send me an email and I will send you a coupon code that will allow you to get one place name. This offer is available until the 9th of January to all users that have logged in prior to the 5th of January.
- If you have a Stack Manager up with content and we can connect to it, you will receive another coupon code for a second place name.
To register a place, follow these steps:
- Go to My Place Name: https://data.highfidelity.io/user/places
- Click the button “Create a Place Name”
- Type in the name that you want to register. Any domain or location name that you have previously registered can only be converted to place names by you (until the 9th of January). Place names can be between 4 and 44 characters.
- Confirm payment or use a “Coupon Code”.
Done! At the moment you can only register the name; very soon you will be linking them up to your locations and domain.
We are giving our Closed Alpha group early access to creating place names. On the 9th of January, we will be opening up place names to allow others to purchase names that may of already been registered as Domains.