I just downloaded the newest version of interface for windows (2042) and am unable to load any environment properly. I have tried all the ones at https://metaverse.highfidelity.io/directory.
I’ve also tried navigating to these environments using a version of the interface I built from the source on github, after following the set up instructions in the repo, and have run into the same issue. I am unable to connect to the domain fine, but the environments just aren’t loading properly. Sometime’s I will see some cubes and text- - for example below is how the rivenglen domain appears to me.
Other times the meshes/textures will be totally stretched out and the environment will be impossible to navigate through or make sense of. When this happens, often the wireframe representation of the octree will be visible as well, as below
One thing that may be worth noting is that the octree seems to be different for each domain, leading me to believe that the client is receiving the proper data, but just not rendering it correctly.
I tried the same thing with the mac client on my friend’s computer, and everything rendered fine on all the domains I tried.
I searched through previous posts about
folks having problems with interface on windows, but it seems like most of the problems involved interface crashing, which is not happening for me so far. When I check the terminal output, I don’t see any glaring errors, although I do notice there’s a lot of scaling down of textures going on.
If anyone has any troubleshooting suggestions, I’m all ears!
I’m totally new to HiFi as of a few hours ago, so please forgive me if I’m missing something obvious or not using the proper terminology when describing the issue
EDIT: I also tried running a scattering of other interface versions going back to v1905, and experienced the same problems with all of them.
Thanks for all your help!