Featured Domains - Everyone says something is happening

As of the ‘Featured Domains’ update, which was added to GoTo before it was fully mentioned in the change-notes, our sessions can be summarized as:

divia says something is happening TheSpot. Open GOTO to join them.
lameboycool says something is happening trivia. Open GOTO to join them.
lameboycool says something is happening hello. Open GOTO to join them.
lameboycool says something is happening zodiac. Open GOTO to join them.
Hey!
Cheetah_Pattern says something is happening AvatarIsland. Open GOTO to lag with them.
HEY!
High.Fidelity says something is happening Maker. Open GOTO to join them.
divia says something is happening TheSpot. Open GOTO to join them.
WATCH OUT! LOOK! LISTEN!
divia says something is happening TheSpot. Open GOTO to join us.
divia says something is happening TheSpot. Open GOTO to *(@&#$ing JOIN us.

Seriously, why hasn’t this been addressed? It’s only becoming more and more annoying and was poorly integrated. If you are someone who comes in very often, your hands get vibrated in VR with notifications popping up to tell you to pay attention to stuff you already know while Desktop mode results in your upper right-hand corner being flooded.

While the idea is nice, the execution really makes me want to remove Goto like bubble.js and substitute it with something else. The only problem is the lack of something to substitute it with at the current time of writing.

A proposed solution first step solution would be to make featured events pop up as NOT broadcasted snapshots. If you are creating a new kind of notification, it should be its own kind of notification. In fact, I have actually missed events while logged in that were actually happening because I can no longer differentiate between broadcasts from friends and broadcasts from Featured Domains.

Yes, I thought that odd and visited one of the domains and there was nobody there…

https://www.bobdylan.com/songs/ballad-thin-man/

The notifications are useless.

1. You not get time to read it, there’s no option to read notices back. can we not have it like secondlife. Just a notification icon with number that opens a new window without closing or changing your current tablet.

2. The color if the notification text is GREY ! and very hard to read. change that in white.

3. It feels like when i get notifications the are old and expired, so useless spam system. I say that because at the time i go online almost never anybody is online. And goto not show that domain is hot first with users.

It would be nice if there was an accordion pane that contained notifications. You could add a button on the HUD for notifications. Place an exclamation mark over the button if there are any notifications. Automatically expire and remove notifications from other domains or create categories in which certain notifications will time out.

I am about to just throw away the entire notification.js out of the defaultScripts.js since this is literally “abuse” of it.

It’s mabye not a bad idea.

Because it never really got a usefull purpose on my screen, except producing unreadable fast disappearing text.