Force UI on avatars in your domain?

Is there a way to force UI on avatars entering your domain? What if we want a private domain where they have to login, or a domain where they MUST be running a script at all times? It would be kind of a drag if your domain is say, a MMO and people had to manually run scripts all the time (or took them off to cheat). If it is good enough for the web it should be good enough for HiFi to have them run scripts just by being there.

I know forcing script on avatars might open people up to mischief, but if they don’t like it they don’t have to come back to our domain, and there is such a thing as reputation.

This is a big deal to me, and rather a make it or break it type of thing. I am not sure I want to invest in high quality services and domains if everything can simply be bypassed.

Sorta yes

https://alphas.highfidelity.io/t/creating-a-zone-entity-to-play-a-music-stream/6997

This scrips puts up a music player when you enter a zone, that closes once u leave the zone. You can set it up to run anything.Were using a variation on our tcars project.

Is the popup UI part of the script or is it something HiFi does any time there is sound around?

I need to be able to control the users UI.

Well the script can be anything , were using it to load a on off button .so made our own. I was messing with a version that used it to load up a text chat when you enter some areas.

So it has to be in an entity and triggered by approach?

I’m not certain, its possible it can all happen from an assignment running in the stack manager but I don’t know how to do those things…

I found a solution and posted it, but it is kind of hacky and griefer-like so I removed it.

@Cracker_Hax as another example if you go to hifi://cellscience/start , once the content loads it will also load up some UI for you.

@chris Every time I go into this domain I either crash, it doesn’t work or I see UI but no script is showing up in my running scripts.

Ok, I figured it out. All you need is a self-invoking function in a script attached to a zone and when somebody enters it they will run the script.

(function(){
// some code…
})

Such a simple answer, a classical case of “not see the forest for the trees”.