Going out Staying in Judas's Blog

avatars I made over 4 years ago in hifi lol from may 2014 on

5 Likes

this is my progression from 2016 :grin:

7 Likes

Its so engrossing to do, im not sure id quite descrbe it as fun. But it is all about practice and more practice.
still waiting on one of these tho

0 Likes

Is this serious? I certainly hope not.

0 Likes

Its possible that this “cash out before its too late” thing is someone trying to trigger a self-fulfilling prophecy. You know, one of those things where all the grocery stores suddenly run out of sugar purely because someone went about spreading the rumor that there was going to be a shortage of sugar, so everyone rushes out and buys up as much sugar as they can… generating a shortage of sugar. :smiley:

The question might ought to be: Who benefits? 0o

Who benefits if HiFi suddenly loses all its HFC simply because all those sugar-panicked people cash out all the HFC they can all at once? 0o Some other virtual world trying to catch up with where HiFi is, thinking they’ll win out if we suddenly lose some speed? o0

0 Likes

Closing Monday last chance to visit shop

1 Like

New plan?

1 Like

Hifi has lost faith in itself and its users
Philip at fridays meeting sounded like he has given up on it
If were really all costing 10k a month each
there is no way in hell that any of us or even all of us combined could pay one of those
so
either they are just spending up the remainder of the start up cash and closing
or they will sell it off to make cat food

Without the hifi domains I either stay home or have to brave the users who were all banned for being well like they were.
I choose to not mingle in those circles
so whats left?

0 Likes

I hate to be blunt but you’re dead wrong.

The numbers Philip gave indicate the company’s burn rate is actually very low.
Let’s say Philip was assuming 50 people, that’s only half a million per month, $6M, that’s IMO a really low burn rate for a company that has raised at least $70M and is six years old.

Philip is just trying to communicate to the the community the scale of growth needed to turn HiFi from a startup to an actual sustainable service.

I’ve said it in my thread about VR users: when there are 100x more users in here, you’ll start making money off your content.

1 Like

I dont think so. While the meeting was a little discouraging, and more than 200+ persons have watched the stream the reasons for change seemed sensible and there is probably an element of ‘let’s cut some server costs’ it all seemed more hard headed realism than an exit plan. I originally had a Digital Ocean account but dropped it and now run a location from my HD, which always seemed an essential part of the original mistress plan. Adaptation to circumstance

1 Like

Ceci n’est pas VR

3 Likes

The impression I got of why they were closing several of the officail HiFi-owned domains is they felt like people were congregating too much at THOSE… at, say, The Spot or at Help, and that no one was bothering to head to the other domains out there simply because it was too easy to just park themselves at The Spot out of habit… and so they wanted to pull this security-blanked away under the theory people would now find more incentive to go to the user-owned and user-run domains, and thus stop hanging out all in one place. Basically, they wanted to force us to spread out across the rest of the worlds and discover what the end users have done at their respective domains.

This MIGHT work, it might NOT. Mind you, I don’t think this is going to work ALONE, because something does need to add structure and guidance as to where TO go to in hifi after the company-owned domains are mostly out of the picture. I think they were assuming we the end users would work something out on our OWN as to where to channel the users to, and how to go about it.

4 Likes

So items bought from the market place dissapearing.
If you edit them at all change their size or colission shape they will vanish.
if you dont tweak them they will stay
bug/ feature who knows

2 Likes

rebuilding

0 Likes

Is this going to be fixed?
Or is the High Fidelity commerce system also being shelved in its current state as an experimental private one-node blockchain?

0 Likes

Decided how to sell hifi
stop flying to meetings save time save the planet use hifi

2 Likes

:crazy_face: still a good pitch

0 Likes

I’ve tracked down one cause of Marketplace items disappearing from domains: the following fields in the Create app change the item’s certification “signature” used in the code:

• Collision Shape
  • Server Scripts

For example, with Judas’s sofa changing Collision Shape from “box” to “No Collision” makes the sofa disappear.
Or changing Server Scripts from empty to “x” makes the sofa disappear.

Other fields that change the item’s “signature” are disabled in the Create app with “** Certified **” displayed.

I haven’t seen the sofa disappear after just changing its size.

2 Likes

Messing with lights and stuff still

7 Likes

Pretty plus 20 characters!

0 Likes