Going out Staying in Judas's Blog

@Adrian long time no see! Have you tried this in an empty domain as well same result?

1 Like

Hey Kev, I have been here lurking all the while. Havent said much the last couple of years and havent been to the events but I have been helping a few users with their projects on the qt. popping a few bits on the market and keeping Earth going.
Yeah I have thrown the obligatory rage quit a couple of times but never actually went away, just hid in the shadows hoping my pet bugs would be fixed.

A completly empty domain shows no sign of this “lag”, (for want of a better term) but its hard only having the distant horizon as a reference. But I introduced 6 boxes in a circle around me and yes, I get the regular lag as described above.

4 Likes

My observation in the past is that you seem to get hicups when rotating if mesh get loaded or in view range. And because there’s no lod. it tried to load big piles if content far away to you not see.

Is it possible the hicups or lag have something todo with the octree refresh , sorting etc. ?

Words of the day from @Richardus.Raymaker

hicuos

fisplsted

possibke

yiu nit

i wanna t shirt with these :smiley:

1 Like

Let me fix that.

Still not understand how people can be so in love with tablets or smartphones.

On top the high fidelity interface does not show you what you type on windows tablet because the keyboard is over the text you type.

ADD: did i say that the onscreen tablet gives the impression it not use the letter you press ?

2 Likes

This is helpful as we have a standard error. I would be interested to see if we went back a series of releases if the effect is the same. Perhaps it broke on a particular release?

my table in second life

same table in hifi see how the tops of the plank top look curved
I can fix this in high fi using edge split

but
then the market wont accept it cos it consideres it seperate meshes
i tried using edge crease
im calling it a bug

2 Likes

But edge split is so evil to use that i avoid it at all means.
Yes, i would call it a bug to, a long standing one.

1 Like

Oh, that’s why my blocks have always seemed convex :face_with_monocle:

I liked this effect for my jewelry:

But what will happen if I need really plane planes for artistic expression, like with these GoogleBlocks Boots?

—> Please send us the Canny link @Judas so that we all can upvote this as a crazy bug :purple_heart: :game_die: :sunglasses:

1 Like

by @MichelleKenobi :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yup.

(trying to reach 20 characters)

1 Like

Mixed messages

I quite like the new clap thing*

But a few things bug me about it

Firstly

Roadmap obviously the ability to clap at meetings was top of the canny road map project for some time so it was essential it was made to ensure the canny road map thing isn’t just one of those things with mirrors and bells u dangle over a baby’s cot. **

Secondly

There was a ton of talk that hifi was about virtual reality and reproducing reality virtually.

How does this fit this is some strange gesture u make with your hands above your head?

In my mind clapping is something done by bringing your hands together.

This seems like a strange thing we will have to learn to do counter intuitively

Didn’t we already have a clap thing which worked like clapping.

If the reason for this half step is that the hand controllers are stupid and won’t let you clap

Than why are we introducing a fix rather than pushing for hand controllers that and bear with me here as I talk crazy, hand controllers that work like hands rather than stupid wandy things

*Michelle was so anti this idea from the very second that it was introduced without the benefit of letting anyone even try it that it must stay forever

It must stay even if we all grow to hate it because hating things we haven’t all given ago is the road to stupid

**I’m told Americans don’t get irony

So, I mean the opposite of this i.e. who asked for it? isn’t the canny thing all shaders and chat etc.

1 Like

https://developers.google.com/ar/develop/java/augmented-faces/
Puts this here to remind me to read it later
No snooping

I had a coder bloke explain to me at length how were doomed and no one can save us

How hifi is all holes and once the coders get here oooh were going to be so scared.

I’m forever hearing this, what’s wrong with hifi

Yadda yadda.

The question is always so why are you here? What have you achieved, and why if you’re this coding god are you wandering around hifi when you should be at work.

They seemed to think that content theft isn’t a crime

They have the what are you going to do about it if I steal all your work.

I spend a lot of time on my 3D work, endless hours I take pride in it.

The joy for me is in its creation.

If you steal it what will I do? Really nothing

Ill block you and tell everyone I meet you’re a thief.

It won’t spoil my day.

Were in beta there are no massive fortunes to be earned from the market at the moment.

I feel building and contributing to the community is reward enough.

5 Likes

I had a bad experience recently as well, echo all sentiments you have. My suggestion is that if people are looking for flaws, too look at themselves… #hackersNotHaters

4 Likes

Could not agree more. Let’s celebrate creation even if it is our end. Let’s celebrate our contribution to the community even if it are small steps. Let’s build instead of fight.( :grin:I start to sound like a preacher! )

5 Likes

I couldn’t sleep last night as they say in Manchester, I was Buzzin.

Like the stillness in the wind
Before the hurricane begins
The hour that the ship comes in

Arriving in Multicon it was a sea of grey and spheres, but voices buzzed around me.

Then somewhere in the internet a key was turned a server revved up and the colours and avatars flooded in around me

Food for the eyes and ears

Oh, the fishes will laugh
As they swim out of the path
And the seagulls they’ll be smiling
And the rocks on the sand
Will proudly stand
The hour that the ship comes in

This was a packed schedule of events finally always something to see, always something to do.

High-fidelity sang for me, it was rock solid the sound didn’t break I didn’t crash the domain stood firm in this swirling sea of people.

Then the sands will roll
Out a carpet of gold
For your weary toes to be a-touchin’
And the ship’s wise men
Will remind you once again
That the whole wide world is watchin’

I wasn’t familiar with James Arnold Taylor I worried that I wouldn’t recognise the cartoons

I needn’t have worried as he went onto to impersonate everyone else who ever existed. It was impressive.

Then we had the MythBusters who were lots of fun , Its so cool to watch people enjoying being in VR and throwing themselves into the experience. We get a little blasé to just how nuts what we do everyday is.

We are living in the future.

Then there was the avatar competition

The entrants had to form an orderly queue and wait to portal into the competition. It was both fun and nerve-racking the closer we got to the front.

Avatars with the best will in the world are a technical nightmare to make. I have made dozens in my time and every time I make one, I swear never again. I have such admiration to everyone who submitted one to the competition they were all brilliant.

Oh, the foes will rise
With the sleep still in their eyes
And they’ll jerk from their beds and think they’re dreamin’

There was talk in the community that the event would be targeted by griefers.

There was an attempt it was pitiful pathetic and put down so fast I bet you didn’t even notice it.

Then they’ll raise their hands
Sayin’ we’ll meet all your demands
But we’ll shout from the bow your days are numbered
And like Pharaoh’s tribe
They’ll be drownded in the tide
And like Goliath, they’ll be conquered

Well done High-fidelity fantastic display of what brilliant about here

Now if only I can calm down enough to sleep :blush:

14 Likes

Oh judas that is sooo cool. I would have give you 10 Hearts if I could. I too had the buzz. I know how you felt and you nailed it with that poem. Who wrote it? I’ll make a statue for it.

4 Likes

Bob Dylan and 20 characters

Wimmelbilder: If you haven’t gone to Multi-con and explored every nook and cranny to see all the Easter Eggs, you are missing out. I lost count, but I am keeping a list.
Should be a prize for whomever gets the most…maybe an idea for the next Con.

5 Likes