Graphics quality reduction suggstion to maximise bandwidth

I propose that we limit the screen size to 1024/768 and we reduce the colour depth to 8 bit. Its a FACT that you can only see 7* individual colours.Reducing the graphics would make no discernible difference and evidence shows that everyone here has such poor equipment that 2/3 of users literally have no monitor. Commercial trends also back up this downshift in monitor resolution
. *Colour theory as best remembered by the phrase "rip off your great big and itchy vest converting to red orange yellow green blue indigo violet.

That still doesn’t affect bandwidth use silly :stuck_out_tongue:

Why don’t we all just return to using monochrome telnet to communicate with each other. That’ll truly saves bandwidth…

We learned it as Roy G. Biv in the States.

If you are really that concerned, Judas, and can provide a basis in the form of facts and figures, then I suppose I could free up a stretch in my work diary to make you a console-only version…

It will be a bit like the matrix, only using the operating system’s default terminal font (If you’re really that brave with your bandwidth, I can see about setting the font to Courier New)

Aaah, ASCII art ! :smiley:
Lower screen resolution will not have so muhc impact in bandwidth. only a little bit because you see less so need to download less at the same time. Going to 8bit graphics is a better option :stuck_out_tongue:

Only excuse for lower resolution is that youj are more compatible with mobile devices. But not intressted in mobile as long it’s based on apps and have small screens.

ascii art is the futuree

Let’s start with the name…

__  ___       __       _______     __     ___ __       
   / / / (_)___ _/ /_     / ____(_)___/ /__  / (_) /___  __
  / /_/ / / __ `/ __ \   / /_  / / __  / _ \/ / / __/ / / /
 / __  / / /_/ / / / /  / __/ / / /_/ /  __/ / / /_/ /_/ / 
/_/ /_/_/\__, /_/ /_/  /_/   /_/\__,_/\___/_/_/\__/\__, /  
        /____/                                    /____/   

The honest (and perhaps sad) truth is that I would probably hang out in an ascii art virtual world, if the audio quality was as good as highfidelity currently is. Listen to Judas jam with a couple buddies, play some Pong. I’m totally down with that.