Gverb on the move?

Getting this error on compile:

[ 54%] Building CXX object libraries/audio-client/CMakeFiles/audio-client.dir/src/AudioClient.cpp.o
/usr/src/hifi/libraries/audio-client/src/AudioClient.cpp:37:29: fatal error: gverb/gverb.h: No such file or directory
     #include <gverb/gverb.h>
                             ^
compilation terminated.
libraries/audio-client/CMakeFiles/audio-client.dir/build.make:77: recipe for target 'libraries/audio-client/CMakeFiles/audio-client.dir/src/AudioClient.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [libraries/audio-client/CMakeFiles/audio-client.dir/src/AudioClient.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1850: recipe for target 'libraries/audio-client/CMakeFiles/audio-client.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [libraries/audio-client/CMakeFiles/audio-client.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:76: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2

my gverb is located at:

/usr/src/hifi/externals/gverb/*

which was fine until this compile.

I assume that the expected location of gverb has changed?

They’re changing things a bit - as of this week gverb, glm and, if it’s ultimately pushed to active tree, libsoxr are being pulled from web as source and placed in build tree on the fly. It worked for me on Ubuntu 14.10 - saw it pull gverb and GLM as it went through compile, ignoring the previously placed gverb and system installed GLM. Check prior to error thrown for any indication that it couldn’t download gverb and/or write it to your source tree. There’s an over-ride switch for using your own copy of these things, but I can’t find it at the moment - not in right place to get to that.

Yes, @glenalec - we now by default grab gverb for you the first time you compile. Did you see anything about it downloading and compiling gverb?

@glenalec - try removing your CMakeCache.txt file and re-running Cmake. This should cause it to fetch the external project and use it

@b - Would it be possible to force refreshing cmake’s cache and/or insuring makefile is really up to date with what cmake would generate? With the rapid pace of changes it seems to cause a lot of grief to those who don’t implicitly insure they’re working with a valid cmake basis before calling make. I’m in habit of routinely deleting my build directory and generating makefile structure cleanly to avoid fun debugging of things that aren’t actually broken.

@OmegaHeron I’m not sure there’s a way for us to force invalidate the cache - I’ll look into it.

Thanks. I did see a download whiz by in the scroll.
Am starting a compile run from make clean cmake . with a removed CMakeCache.txt thru make all now.