Help our Avatars Walk up Steps

It is high time. We must be able to walk up stairs without funky invisoramps, or walk over minor obstacles as happens in many other virtual worlds. It was demonstrated many months ago. Please:

Skyhook, Skyhook, Skyhook, Skyhook, Skyhook, Skyhook, Skyhook, Skyhook, Skyhook, Skyhook, Skyhook, Skyhook, Skyhook, Skyhook, Skyhook, Skyhook, Skyhook, Skyhook, Skyhook, Skyhook.

And while at it, implement static friction at the very least in the character controller. Please, please!

Beta Release 35

Does skyhook mean that we’re forever committed to crappy capsuloid colission?
I want a propper colission skelington with arm legs fingers so picking stuff up works like hands more than something vaguely nailed to ur hand

If we could collide with animated mesh we could use the avatar as the collision volume and stuff like doors could be just a animation playing forward and backward

No. Skyhook is a collision look-and-lift function. Whether a capsule or some other physics shape, it’s the same behavior. It is amazing how for a platform claiming to be high fidelity, this is still missing. An accurate physics shape for avatars and attachments is another issue. I agree that it is another important high fidelity feature to attend to sooner than say shiny tablet buttons.

It is needed for many reasons, including this:

Interesting idea, almost got excited.
That can work if you know how to animated.
And scripting need to have optiin that checks if the animstion is playing.

Hmmm,.

Yeah problem is animated fbx’s are none collidable, been there tried that

Arrgh. Did you tried it with a compound shape to ?
Well, then my door is on the right way, as soon that userData problem get fixt.
Or someone knows why it happens.

Avatars able to walk up steps, over obstructions, aka Shyhook, when will it get released? @Jess

I see what you did there, @Balpien.Hammerer. :slight_smile: I’ve moved this out of the release thread as it was off topic. If I have any information on skyhook, I will definitely post it here.

What I want to see from you @Jess is a statement as to when this horrid bug will get fixed. Moving it over here is just hiding it. So please, find out when this will get fixed. Please. It has been a very long time since it was demonstrated to work.

Ref: Oct16 2016. Was supposed to have been added to beta 26.

It is definitely not off topic. You guys make all kind of shinies changes but do not fix bugs many other report. Now I understand priorities, but it is a reasonable request to get a sense when these things will get fix or attended to. This particular problem is over two years old!

Don’t you think it is better to have these discussions here in the release threads than say twitter or Facebook?