Hifi Builders Club - a collaboration experiment

Guess most people in Europe are in GMT or CET. Then there are the australians also. Not sure if we have a critical mass, but at least some of the HiFi-users are european. Would be glad to be a part of the collaboration, although I’m an amateur in this field, but it’s a good way to learn more.

I think for the time being we can communicate via this thread, I haven’t asked for a calendar item yet, pending other time suggestions…

I will be in Maker tonight 18:00 - 20:00 PST, meeting start still 19:00 :).

Agenda
1.Round table, skills - learnings
2.Where can we build this so it works for everyone (domain etc)?
3.Start building something for lobby

Great news thanks to @humbletim and @Midnight we have hosting available for the domain. Now, what should we call it? Please answer poll to include your input, if you have another suggestion please include it. Deadline for domain naming will be September 14th.

• Distillery
  • theFactory
  • Forge
  • Replica
  • Collaborators
  • Partners in Crime
  • Pixel Pirates
  • Other (reply)

0 voters

Since I just got $50 from High fidelity for the video contest (top six yeah baby!) I would be happy to spend in on a couple place names for the group.

Now about the time slots, please indicate your preferences: I think we could expect up to 2 meetings per week, hopefully anyone interested can attend.

• Fridays 3:30 - 4:30 pm PST
  • Fridays 6:00 -7:00 pm PST
  • Saturdays 10:00 - 11:00 AM PST
  • Sundays 10:00 - 11:00 AM PST

0 voters

Bumpity – anyone else want to do the poll?

I will announce our plans at the general meeting today.

thanks

One more bump! please if you are interested in collaborating with other artists and developers in Hifi, have your say about when the office hours will be and what the group domain will be named! (fill out poll earlier in the thread)

I have closed the polls, here are the results:

Group/Domain name:

We are officially ‘theFactory’ thanks to everyone who voted!

Office hours:

Have been finalized to be Saturdays 10:00-11:00 AM PST. Once the domain is available, we can build and work on it at any time. We can look to add another office hour as needed.

Looking forward to the first official meeting and to breaking ground on this new venture!

-whyroc

http://www.factorymanchester.com/about-us/

judas goes all nostalgic

This week’s meeting is starting in 10 minutes in our newly kicked off domain theFactory! drop in to say Howdy!

Can’t make it today, but I’m with you in my mind :sunglasses:
Hope to be there next week!
Have fun, inspiration & success!!

Hifi UnOfficial Discord:

Well looks like theFactory is underway! Thank you to everyone who turned out. We had a great office hours yesterday and have come up with concrete plans … (see what I did there?) Hopefully by next week we will some factory building and smokestaky type of things in the Domain. If anyone would like to join the group please let me know your Hifi user name and I can add you to permissions for the server. Thanks to @Midnight and endless worlds… the meetup went smooth, performance including audio was working dandy even as @Fluffy was flooding the domain with physics stuffs for a while.

We are going to be using discord for day to day chat over the course of building, but I will continue to post summaries here.

-W

im in the wrong time zones for this but woulda called it the
Alt Factory
just sayin

So that we don’t get into copyright trouble with the father of all copy art? :wink:

New discord invite https://discord.gg/uxPjUD

@Alezia.Kurdis and anyone else

Hey there. Sorry I haven’t been around. I did drop by yesterday and put a quick image up noting that the link shown in domain doesn’t work anymore. Feel free to remove the image, or remove the link. I’ll turn-up today for sure.

I’ll be more active starting next week. Still busy travelling in Thailand.

Bump and Ping, Calling all ye builders to the Factory for today’s meetup 10am PST.

FYI, I won’t be able to attend this weekend meeting. Would anyone like to meetup for a co-build session Thursday evening?

Plans:

‘The Scrapyard’ at the Factory, this will be an area filled with items and props you can use to help us build out the domain (in addition to anything you would like to make)

Crane - we are looking for crane models , anything industrial looking

thanks Hifiers, out…

What time Thursday? I can make it after 3pm EST

Ok, sounds good 3pm PST Thursday @the Factory.