To install, download hifi_tools.zip from
Here is a new tool for you guys to play around with, giving you a robust tool set to export and import from High Fidelity among other things:
Please note that some of the youtube videos below maybe outdated, but the concepts still remain
Blender Scene Exporting:
- Support export from Blender to High Fidelity Marketplace, Batch exports a blender scene into multiple fbx files and places them correctly onto a scene ready to be sold or used
- Allows ATP, Marketplace, and Custom Server baseurls to be predefined
- Instancing and Limited Modifier Support (Mirroring, Arrays, Edge split)
- Basic Lights
Blender 2.8 (Plugin Version > 1.4)
- Allows for easier pipeline to apply materials to objects, ready for use in High Fidelity Simply use the Principled Shader.
High Fidelity Primitive Importing:
- Supports All primitive types and basic light importing.
- Imported Entities are named according to how they are named inworld plus their id, if they have no name, their type or shape is used instead for easier identification
- Selective Spheres: You can select UV Spheres, similar to Hifi, or even use Quad Spheres for better mapping
- Generates ready to use Materials depending on entity color that all imported entity shares
- Automatically UV unwraps primitives for texturing
- Allows for Boolean Operations to be applied if entities are parented together. By default just joins children together with their parents, however this can be turned off
Does not support Model, Text, (falls back to boxes), Lines and Zone importing.
- Simplified Avatar Binding (Add template bones to Blender space, edit armature to place,
press button to correct everything)
- Pressing a button, creates a correctly scaled and rotated skeleton from the bat.
- Pressing another button allows you to force an avatar to match the high fidelity skeleton after binding
( will not work with shapekeyd avatars just yet)
- Set Bone Physical - (Armature Edit mode only) Adds a prefix to selected bones for Scripts in High fidelity for physical simulation
- Remove Bone Physical - (Armature Edit mode only) Removes prefix from selected bones for Scripts in High fidelity for physical simulation
- Combine Bones - (Armature Edit mode only) Combines bones together
- Oven Baker Support: Utilize High Fidelity’s Baker to compress models
- MMD Avatar - Translates and fixes MMD models and their materials for them to work in High Fidelity. Full MMD Avatar import guide on MMD.md file in repository
- Mixamo Avatar - Translates and fixes mixamo models and their materials for them to work in High Fidelity
- Make Human Avatar - @Roxie addon: Updates Make human avatars to work with High fidelity
- Custom Avatar Binding- Allows one to bind what ever skeleton to the High fidelity skeleton, similar to mechanim in Unity.
Feature Roadmap for Community Version
Avatar Tools: Advanced Avatar Binding (Modifiers with Blendshapes) Avatar Export: Basic FST support
Allow the Use of Cycles (via PBR) or evee renderer (via custom PPBR Node that will use PPBR) to preview your scene.Made Free since Blender Internal is being removed. Avatar Export: Limited Subsurface support.
- Scene Export / Import: Spot Light Support
- Scene Export: Texture Packaging methods (Separate / Embedded)
- Scene Export: Armature support for scene export
- Scene Export: Line support for Finger Paints
- Export Cleanup: Remove stray vertices,
combine materials using the same textures, etc
Features Planned for a Commercial / Backer edition
Commercial Version is on hold as retooling for multiple metaverses instead.
Feedback and Comments Appreciated.