We are about to roll out a hotfix. It will deployed Tuesday, February 5, at 10am PST. This should be live between 12-2pm PST.
We’ve removed our current first-time user flow and are now dropping users into our Welcome area.
What this means to you: As a new user, when you first launch High Fidelity, you’ll start your journey in our welcome area where you will be able to choose an avatar, discover how to use your controls, and talk with one of our Greeters.
- Fixed an issue where the audio-mixer was applying distance attenuation to stereo injectors, but the local renderer does not. Now, stereo sounds with locations are attenuated, while system sounds and stereo sounds without a location are not. Mono sounds are unaffected.
- Fixed an issue where creating an audio zone with extreme falloff (setting=1.0) would cause loud howling sounds when heard from a very large distance.
- Fixed a race-condition where server and client entity scripts would sometimes not restart or just stall on a server restart.
- When creating backups of domain-servers, any corrupted or incomplete backups were not showing up as such until the next server restart. Now, you should see the status of backups immediately.
- Fixed an issue where Windows 10 users wouldn’t be able to install HighFidelity Client due to a dependency on vcomp140.dll
- Fixed an issue where opening a Secure QML window in headset mode wouldn’t render the page correctly.
- Fixed intermittent build failures using Gradle build containers.