Now scheduled for Tuesday, March 12, between 4:00 - 7:00 pm PDT. This time is subject to testing, and we will update if it changes.
Note: There is a protocol change in this version.
You must update to this version to stay up-to-date!
This release is specifically geared toward making the upcoming Multi-Con event a great experience.
As noted above, this release does contain a server-client protocol change as we’ve been working on server health.
- We’ve added the ability for content creators to create a zone dedicated to avatars that designates special bandwidth to them.
- When creating a zone, there is a new option to designate the “Avatar Priority” property to a Hero.
- Selecting the priority as a Hero will dedicate more bandwidth to any avatars within the zone when allocating the avatar mixer bandwidth budget. This will increase its animation priority.
- As a Domain Admin, you can change the size of the box-shaped Hero zone in real time.
- This can be parented to an avatar so the zone follows the Hero around.
- This results in a Hero (or Heroes), aka Presenter, Speaker, Superhero, to look normal and move smoothly from the crowd’s perspective.
- We’ll update our documentation soon with a full tutorial!
- We’ve also addressed a variety of crashes, listed below.
- Reduced some traffic against our api servers for better traffic health.
- Worked on general AC domain health in high traffic situations.
- Addressed an issue where an occasional stall was found in the PrePhysics context every few seconds.
- Fixed a crash issue that could occur due to a null pointer in a raypick.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when selecting “View Inventory” after adding an avatar for the first time.
- Fixed a deadlock issue in the Audio Mixer that would occur when nodes stopped responding.
- Fixed a deadlock issue that could occur when new avatars entered a domain.