How Do You Text Chat?

I was at the meetup earlier and Chris said to click on people’s name in chat to follow them. Everyone left and I had no clue how to get the chat window up. This wasn’t Chris’ fault, I should have asked.

I did figure out that you could go to someone’s name later on, and that worked fine. Also someone came back after the visit and talked to me, so I wasn’t all alone!

However I’ve read the info and it says to hit enter to open chat, but nothing happens when I try that, how do you get chat and names up? Sorry for the really noob question.

Hi @Ciaran_Laval , apologies for leaving you stranded. You can hit the ‘enter’ key, if that is not working you can go to tools>chat to bring it up.

Hi Chris, there was no tools chat on my Mac, is this because I built the client from GitHub on my Mac rather than downloaded the latest version?

You should try the download to see if you have the same issue. http://highfidelity.io/download

Hi Chris, that has fixed the issue, I can now see chat under the tools menu. I did originally try and build the client some months ago so I now believe when I finally got the client working I had built it with old code.

I was so proud of myself for building the client too!

Ok I figured out the problem. Admittedly it’s a schoolboy error on my part. I had not installed QXmpp when I built my client. Which is a rather important component if you want to text chat.