HTC vive bad framerate

Made a new topic. to avoid confusion.
My framerate on the HTC vive is poor in places like playa. This are a few problems i see.

• Framerate is dropping to a low rate, yesterday it did go as low as 30FPS
  • Black quick flashing random.
  • The HTC vive screen is flashing sometimes in and you lose the high fidelity world.
  • SteamVR tells me also there framedrops , Red lines in the frame meter under settings.
  • Turning your head give a juttir/lag , posisble because the low framerate

This is what happens with the vive on playa. the stats are from steamVR performance.

And back on my own domain simsquare. (first part is still from playa i think.)

Poor Oculus CV1performance 5029

Playa is a content torture test.

Then your never been at @judas place… (sorry judas, but it hurt my vive to)

Yeah - Judas’s place is even more of a torture test.

…been pondering if that is actually an intentional “baseline” for your team? Is playa some form of test being conducted for the sake of standard performance metrics?

In case it’s usefull. New graphs from today meeting.

Some stats from 01-july-2016

Hello! I am having the same problem with my Vive and it even crashes when I move too much within the home starting point.

Which graphics card, and CPU, memory config?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
Processor - Intel® Core™ i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2712 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) - 8.00 GB
OS Name - Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Also, this is a brand new desktop bought specifically for Vive development

Yeah that should definitely be in recommended zone.
Have you tried the just released Beta version of the client?

Submitting the crash logs would also help when you are prompted when you try to open it.

Yeah every time it crashed I made sure to send crash logs when prompted. I did just download the Beta version of the Client about two days ago that you can download from the site. I have also just started coding with the debugged interface version for a project I am working on within it. Both are laggy with the HTC Vive.

I would suggest for a development machine you push the RAM up to at least 16 GB. I’d also recommend an i7 instead of an i5, but that’s a much costlier upgrade.

Yeah I also have an Alienware 15 - with these specs and can’t get the interface to even load unfortunately which is why I have been using the other machine.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M
Processor: Intel Core i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
RAM:16.0 GB
System type:64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

That Alienware 15 is a laptop so the 970 is really a 970M (lower performance). Though you will see some FPS drop on complex scenes, it should, nonetheless, launch interface just fine, so something else is awry or misconfigured.

I will make sure to try to continue to figure out the problem on both. Thanks to everyone for the feedback.