I have no idea what this is all about

I logged in (without any possibility to create my own avatar). I came into a room with a robot - and next thing I was kicked out into the universe with no clue or hint where to go. This is just a weird software.

Have you guys ever seen Second Life? Maybe you can still learn something there about user compatibility…

Please read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle

Then please read it again, because you probably won’t understand it the first time around.

Edit: And just for your information, the company that owns Second Life, Linden Labs, funded this project.

What Adin means is that High Fidelity is currently in “open alpha”, which means it’s still very rough around the edges. You shouldn’t expect a polished, easy-to-use experience yet.

The guy who founded Second Life is the same guy who founded High Fidelity. Many of the folks building and testing High Fidelity are longtime SL folks.

High Fidelity is not going to support really old versions of OpenGL as Second Life does, at least not right away. For now, you need a graphics card that supports OpenGL 4.1 or better. (I know this all too well, because it’s the reason why I haven’t been able to try High Fidelity yet.)