If wishes were fishes

I’ve taken a long vacation from HF, because my trusty old Mac just can’t seem to handle it, even with upgrading my memory to the max.

Now it’s the beginning of the new year (I’m a teacher) and I am itching to start up again. I am thinking of building my own PC, and just using the Mac for text, powerpoint, etc. Maybe if I’m lucky I can use the same monitor for both, but that may be a pipe dream.

So I thought I would ask you all a question: what would you really like in a system? I’m interested in the practical, as well as the pie-in-the-sky.

Nice to be back,
Ellie

Welcome backk
Well ur gonna want to run vr u can run vr on lower speck than a 1080 but dont
get a nvidia 1080 minimum
oh and get one of those pcs with a window and glowy lights in it
cos then u feel good when people look at it
what i tend to do is goo look at those companies sites who make gaming pc’s
then see how cheap I can get the parts to build it myself, which is daunting but easier than hanging wallpaper

Thanks, Judas!

Now, on to shopping!

What if wishes were horses? :racehorse:

@Starry_Supernova - then I’d be shoveling hay and poop all day and night!

It’s true. Can confirm.

So do you have any results of your research?

Can confirm that this is true. It seems the formula is something to the likes of the number of lights and the amount of the case that can be seen without any cables in there (AoL x VCA - CC). As you can see from this image below the amount of feeling good is pretty high ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) if you catch my drift.

Thats 2 much pc for you

That’s only my fileserver ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) if I actually had a desktop right now id be showing that off too (timing on pc’s dying is amazing in my life)

Do u know anyone who works at Microsoft who can fix it?

3 Steps ahead of you, I even have a certificate with Steve Ballmer’s signature one it! I missed out on Bill Gates by a year though :frowning: I’m just waiting on parts to get here, seems like everything I wanted decided to suddenly not be in stock with where I got them from :confused:

Oh hey speaking of Microsoft, how did the hole in your life go? Hope its bloody fixed by now haha.