I'm having trouble achieving entity persistance

I am running out of /opt/hifi/ on a Debian/unstable box and everything for HiFi is pretty much out-of-the-tree default. I am assuming the resources/models.json.gz file is supposed to point to within (in my case) /opt/hifi/assignment-client/resources/models.json.gz and have created the resources folder there to accept it. An assets folder spontaneously spawned in this folder too.

No files are appearing in this area and nothing persists across server restarts.

All filesystem permissions are good.

I have also tried specifying an explicit path for the Entities Filename /opt/hifi/assignment-client/resources/models.json.gz as that worked on Linux months ago for the old models.svo file, but this approach seems to have no effect this time. (This path contains all needed directories and perms are verified as RW permissive).

Update:
Nothing seems to be getting pushed up to the server! If I manually load in content, then ‘Reload Content’ the entity list is cleared.

This may (or may not) be relevant:

[DEBUG] [10/05 14:23:23] [13236] [assignment-client] Socket::writeDatagram QAbstractSocket::NetworkError - Unable to send a message
[SUPPRESS] [10/05 14:23:28] [13236] [assignment-client] 4 repeated log entries matching “Socket::writeDatagram QAbstractSocket::NetworkError - Unable to send a message” - Last entry: “Socket::writeDatagram QAbstractSocket::NetworkError - Unable to send a message”
[DEBUG] [10/05 14:23:28] [13236] [assignment-client] Socket::writeDatagram QAbstractSocket::NetworkError - Unable to send a message
[DEBUG] [10/05 14:23:29] [13236] [assignment-client] Port for local assignment server read from shared memory is 40102
[WARNING] [10/05 14:26:05] [13236] [assignment-client] Could not attach to shared memory at key “domain-server.local-port”
[DEBUG] [10/05 14:26:05] [13236] [assignment-client] Failed to read local assignment server port from shared memory - will send assignment request to previous assignment server socket.