Installer has stopped working in recent builds (Win10)

Hello,

Okay so for builds like HighFidelity-Beta-7262 and HighFidelity-Beta-7279 the install packages have stopped working completely. I’ve downloaded each several times. They ask for elevated privileges and then do nothing, no errors, no screens, nothing at all; whether the sandbox is already running or not. Next time system starts, there is 7150 running perfectly happily but wanting to be updated.

I’m on fully up to date Windows 10.

Any clues?

Thanks.

Hi luna,

Sorry that you are running into this issue! I will see what I can do to help. Could you look in your Task Manager to see if you have an instance of domain-server.exe or assignment-client.exe running? This might be related to an open bug that we have.

Thanks,

Ryan

Thanks! assignment-client.exe was the problem, killing them allowed the installers to work again! :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, they (assignment-client) are all still there hanging out after quitting everything. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

@luna Could you share the specific version of Windows 10 you have installed? If you right click the Windows Start button and select System it should be bring up a window with information about your system. In particular, I am wondering what you have for OS Build - my machine is 15063.608, for instance.

Thanks!

@huffman Sure, my build is 15063.674 (version 1703).

Let me just check… yeah, those assignment-clients really don’t want to stop on their own. There are 47 of them, I don’t know if that’s normal or not. :slight_smile:

@luna Thank you! We’ve seen a couple instances of this and suspected it might have to do with early release builds of Windows, but it looks like you are on a normal release.

Let me just check… yeah, those assignment-clients really don’t want to stop on their own. There are 47 of them, I don’t know if that’s normal or not. :slight_smile:

Definitely not normal and not the intention! The assignment-clients should go away when you close the Sandbox application or use it to stop the server.

I will keep you posted on any updates to this issue.

Thanks again,

Ryan

@huffman Hi there, this assignment-client problem is still really annoying for a number of reasons. Is there somewhere I can view the tracking of this bug? I’m starting to feel inclined it’ll be easiest to uninstall HF until it’s resolved. Thanks…

Think i have the same problem on windows
what i do to work around it is, disable the assignment client from starting with windows, reboot the pc , then update it
a faff i know

Hi luna,

I just checked and there is a fix to the stuck assignment-client issue that is in the dev release and is likely to come out with the next beta release. What Judas suggested would be a good solution in the meantime if you are having issues with the Sandbox launching on startup. If you’d like any help with that please let me know!

Ryan