Interface crashes

First, starting with 2578 (maybe earlier) closing down interface leaves the DDE.exe process running, consequently newer installs fail until DDE is manually terminated.

Second starting somewhere after 2578 up to and including 2584, it crashes within several seconds after launching it. This is on Win7 ultimate.

No symbols, so not much more than this null pointer access:
Unhandled exception at 0x00A9FC15 in interface.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000.

Did a binary search install and found that 2582 is the last stable one for Windows, but that version is incompatible with the latest stack manager bits. 2583 and 2584 both crash soon after launching.

[edit]
Can’t do anyting until this is fixed. The logs just beforethe crash are as follows:
[DEBUG] [06/03 00:42:12] Using cached version of “2-Terrain: Willow.fbx”
[DEBUG] [06/03 00:42:12] UNEXPECTED: parsing of the octal code would make UNREASONABLY_DEEP_RECURSION… numberOfThreeBitSectionsInStream: 128 This buffer is corrupt. Returning.
[DEBUG] [06/03 00:42:13] UNEXPECTED: parsing of the octal code would make UNREASONABLY_DEEP_RECURSION… numberOfThreeBitSectionsInStream: 128 This buffer is corrupt. Returning.
[DEBUG] [06/03 00:42:13] Using cached version of “Carpet.fbx”

Windows build 2584 on Windows 8 is starting and stopping dde.exe properly for me, both at start-up/shut-down and when you toggle face tracking on/off. But then I’m not crashing at my current location.

The dde.exe process will be left running if Interface doesn’t shut down cleanly (i.e., crashes). A subsequent run of Interface will shut down the old dde.exe process before starting a new instance.

Yes, agreed about DDE process. I determined DDE.exe was orphaned when the previous interface crashed. Would be nice if DDE checked from time to time, but that is secondary. The primary problem is this crash seems to happen when certain entities come into view, notably the willow trees found in the marketplace. Then the code follows a NULL pointer and crashes with an access exception.

[EDIT]
Well, 2588 still crashes trying to store to 0x00000000. Now unable to do anything.

[EDIT]
sigh still broken in 2589, If I turn my avatar to view the tress, BLAM!

I determined the causative agent, though not sure who did it. I deleted my domain entities bit by bit trying to binary search through the problem. 18 crashes later I found a corrupted voxel entity which I never created. Deleted that, and interface no longer crashes.

Now, three things come to mind: how did the voxel entity get created? Or, did something else get misinterpreted as a voxel? And, why would data corruption cause the code to try to do a buffer-overrun style of store? That is a security vulnerability.

I am having this same issue. When I go to turn my ava, the interface crashes.