Interface crashing on exit for anyone else?

For a couple of days now, Interface keeps crashing on exit for me (and not saving settings). Have tried the usual tricks of uninstalling and reinstalling, wiping cache and settings. Have also done an sfc /scannow to check system integrity.

It’s really annoying because settings aren’t being saved.

Windows 8.1, NVIDIA GPU

But it doesn’t crash on my Windows 8.1, Intel HD GPU tablet.

hmm It does here and there. I stop all running scripts then do a file quit.
which sometimes clears it. or even log out from a different location
but suspects im teaching you to suck eggs here lol

sulks that hifi works on your surface pro1 but not on my surface pro2

Same thing on my MacBook Pro:

Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: MBP114.0172.B06
SMC Version (system): 2.30f2

I’ve narrowed it down … For me, Windows build 3694 and later always crash on exit for me. Windows build 3693 and earlier run fine.

Agreed with where it began - seeing same problem here and was reported in another thread. It does solves the ghosted interface.exe process after gui close on windows though.

Yes, same issues as: https://alphas.highfidelity.io/t/interface-is-asking-for-ini-restore-at-startup-when-you-do-a-clean-shutdown-before/9882/3

There was a change on Friday afternoon that introduced a new feature, ‘threaded present’. Unfortunately the cleanup code for this new thread wasn’t quit fully baked, leading to a guaranteed crash on exit.

This is fixed in PR 6587, which was just merged, so a build should be up shortly that resolves crash on exit issuing stemming from it.

I’m still getting this crash if there’s an update available and I click button allowing update to take place. If I click cancel then exit then manually go find download there’s no crash nor does it crash if there’s no update and I simply quit a normal session.