So, as was mentioned in the other thread, I managed to get Interface working by plugging in a microphone.
When testing most of this, I thought the DK2 implementation lacked positional tracking. However, it later turned out to be the OVRService at fault, and after restarting the service, Interface had full positional tracking.
The DK2 implementation is actually good! Of course, it could do with an ability to use global chat, change preferences, access the menu bar and go to other domains whilst goggled in, but it’s a start.
After looking around the thoys.nl castle a bit, I goggled out and opened the global chat.
I chatted to @John_Laury, who TPed into the domain, in an attempt to actually talk to me with voice.
It was at this point I encountered the same problem I had before, during a meet-up.
At that time, I couldn’t hear any audio, and all the other avatars kept blinking out. For some reason, they were also all rendered as extremely low-res sprites.
This time, John’s avatar was 3D, and seemingly talking. But I heard no audio. After raising the audio jitter buffer like he suggested, I heard the occasional snippet. However, it kept cutting out. His avatar also kept ‘disintegrating’, head first. Sometimes it became a sprite.
Eventually, after jumping between many domains, we ascertained that Interface was dropping the connection on my end. Most tellingly was how the status bar would, after a few seconds, read “NO CONNECTION” in large letters near the domain name.
The stats overlay would show the servers start at 4, then go to 3, before dropping to 0.
John said he had a similar issue, which was fixed by disabling his anti-virus and firewall.
However, I have no anti-virus, so I just disabled Windows Defender and the Windows Firewall.
Despite this, it didn’t fix the issue.
It is worth noting that I am in the UK.
I initially assumed that was the issue, however, I think it may be something else.
I have no idea what’s up! However, this is a kinda glaring issue.