Greetings,

First some info on my system:

ASUS: K55A-S1503R
PROCESSOR: INTEL ® Core ™ i5-3230MCPU@260Hz 260GHz
INSTALLED MEMORY (RAM): 8GB (7.89GB) usable
SYSTEM TYPE: 64-bit Operating System - x64 based processor
GRAPHICS CARD: Intel® HD Graphics 4000
WINDOWS EDITION: 8.1 (at present)

I have downloaded several times the interface and stack manager offered (what ever was the latest version 4/18/2015) Both came back after clicking “RUN” as download successful 100%. Found the program within my “apps” and clicked to start, but it refuses to run. I do not get a log in, a splash screen, nothing. I am kind of at a loss as to what my next step should be to (trouble shoot) and/or get the program to engage. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I have searched previous posts and have not found a solution.

Thank you in advance especially because I know at these early stages, everyone has their hands full and this program is not quite ready for primetime*

Keep up the good work!

I’m having the exact same problem. In fact, Windows explorer loses focus (as if an application was starting), but no process seems to be created in the task manager (i.e. it probably starts and shuts down due to an error, but it doesn’t report it).

I had the problem with build 2149 on Windows 7, and now I have it with build 2300 on Windows 8.1. Tried running with both on the NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M and the integrated card on the Core i7-3630QM CPU, and the behavior is the same.

Any clue on what might be causing this? Let me know if you want me to make any test in particular to try to reach the cause of the problem!

I ran an error report and tried to use the automatic “search for solution” however it came up empty. Here was the report:
Source
interface.exe

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎4/‎17/‎2015 9:32 PM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\High Fidelity\Interface\interface.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: interface.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 553163f1
Fault Module Name: MSVCR120.dll
Fault Module Version: 12.0.21005.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 524f7ce6
Exception Offset: 000a7666
Exception Code: c0000409
Exception Data: 00000007
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 5eb7
Additional Information 2: 5eb74b528bb358b515da4dc7b4fd1824
Additional Information 3: be3b
Additional Information 4: be3b4ed3bb2987e021c14cfabe1805b1

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: a91e6beacb5c543d5b7307ac619bc516 (81847538760)

So it would seem there is some issue with the pathway for the exe. This doesn’t get me any closer because I do not know how to correct the issue. Perhaps someone with more knowledge can read this report and offer a few suggestions.

I think it is a compatibility issue of some sort.

PrintProgram Compatibility Troubleshooter Publisher details

Issues found
Incompatible ProgramIncompatible Program
Interface is incompatible. Detected Detected
Fix program Interface Completed

Issues found Detection details

6 Incompatible Program Detected Detected

Interface is incompatible.
Fix program Interface Completed

Provides steps to fix the incompatible program.
InformationalCompatibility Mode
Compabitiliy modes applied:
Run as administrator
User verification: Fix didn’t work

Detection details Expand

Collection information
Computer Name: FIERCE1269
Windows Version: 6.3
Architecture: x64
Time: Sunday, April 19, 2015 5:33:47 PM

Publisher details Expand

Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
Find and fix problems with running older programs on this version of Windows.
Package Version: 1.5
Publisher: Microsoft Windows
Program Compatibility Troubleshooter
Find and fix problems with running older programs on this version of Windows.
Package Version: 1.0
Publisher: Microsoft Corporation

Above you have in the error report:

Fault Module Name: MSVCR120.dll
This is related to Microsoft Visual Studio

Also important: is the Problem Event Name: BEX which refers to Buffer Overflow Exception.

You may wish to attempt the following:
Find the Data Execution Prevention tab in Windows, and then click Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select.
click Add, browse to the executable file for the program and add it.

You mean turning off DEP for the Interface.exe executable? When I attempt to do so, a warning pops up which says “This program must run with data execution protection (DEP) enabled. You cannot turn off DEP for this program.

well…I’m lost. I’m concerned that turning off the DEP for interface would not be a good option. I ran sfc /scannow and received a result of:
Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
supported in offline servicing scenarios.

Microsoft says: How to manually replace a corrupted system file with a known good copy of the file

After you determine which system file was corrupted and could not be repaired through the detail information in the Sfcdetails.txt file, find where the corrupted file located, and then manually replace the corrupted file with a known good copy of the file. To do this, follow these steps:

Note You may be able to get a known good copy of the system file from another computer that is running the same version of Windows with your computer. You may perform a System File Checker process on that computer to make sure the system file that you intend to copy is a good copy.

1.Take administrative ownership of the corrupted system file. To do this, at an elevated command prompt, copy and then paste (or type) the following command, and then press ENTER:
takeown /f Path_And_File_Name
Note The Path_And_File_Name placeholder represents the path and the file name of the corrupted file. For example, type takeown /f C:\windows\system32\jscript.dll.

2.Grant administrators full access to the corrupted system file. To do this, copy and paste (or type) the following command, and then press ENTER:
icacls Path_And_File_Name /GRANT ADMINISTRATORS:F
Note The Path_And_File_Name placeholder represents the path and the file name of the corrupted file. For example, type icacls C:\windows\system32\jscript.dll /grant administrators:F.

3.Replace the corrupted system file with a known good copy of the file. To do this, copy and paste (or type) the following command, and then press ENTER:
Copy Source_File Destination
Note The Source_File placeholder represents the path and file name of the known good copy of the file on your computer, and the Destination placeholder represents the path and file name of the corrupted file. For example, type copy E:\temp\jscript.dll C:\windows\system32\jscript.dll.

But I am lost at this point, as I do not know which is the bad file and/or how to find a good copy to replace it even with these instructions. There must be an easier way to deal with this Fault Module Name: MSVCR120.dll error let alone this “Event Name: BEX which refers to Buffer Overflow Exception…” ~ scratches head ~