Ive been keep an eye on all the subreddits related to virtual reality for a while now.
AltspaceVr and MetaworldVr seen going up on steam.
I feel like the only one talking about High Fidelity there, but even if i do it is only hints to it in related topics.
But now, the competition is heating up quite alot on socialVR metaverses, and HF is still in a very rough presentation shape for potential users.
Because of this, it has been hard to advertise it via social media. Are there more plans on how to stick out from the incomming flood? Hackathons arent going to cut it, publicity is needed, but even then we are in too rough condition.
The QoL needs work.
- new users are still having issues with default scripts we get. (New user popped in yesterday having not have the default scripts loaded up)
- Tighten confusing controls. Why is alt used to open menu and allow for camming? Why is esc used to cancel edit camera jump/pause. Why is inspect js camera position not persistant after alt is released (like ctrlalts script)
- Edit shenanigans: how do I interact with the interface with my HMD and hand controllers. If i have HMD on do NOT move my camera to selected object. etc
- HMD UI is too dependent on users main screen aspect ratio. I have a UWD and my UI elements require me to turn270 degrees from my mic status to see the edit button
- Better, and optimized Introductionary area, with a loaded chat and nametags (attached ‘Hello my name is’) for non HMD users and hmd users alike. Users should be equal. And no chat is just too big change from the norm initially (seriously, it is a topic that will get reignited over and over again and drives people away.). Playa is too noisy for that. Ease people in instead, then funnel to the junkyard
- auto cleaning sandbox. I see this place getting quite messy and after standing there for 2 hours my frames were affected by over 10k objects spawned at the origin. I cleaned that up manually.
- distance culling: why am i loading objects that are no visible? Its affecting my frames.
- LOD for entities: as a content creator having LOD control is quite important for content. Allow us to define LOD levels per model to optimize out scenes especially for complex models.